Contribute
Register

Apple Special Event Scheduled for October 30th

Status
Not open for further replies.
NO MacPro...yet?

The shows not over yet. They might still give a sneak preview. This show is moving along much faster than the September event. Besides, they said it won't be for sale until 2019.

EDIT: Looks like they're still not even close to talking about it. :|

Last edited:
After seeing the 2K NBA game demoed on the iPad Pro, I fear that Apple may use their own GPUs in Macs.

No webDrivers boyz , nvidia has f ed up big time

Holy high prices Batman ! Look at the cost of the maxed out Mac mini with FCPX installed. Don't forget to add sales tax too. Looks like hackintoshing is still the way to go for now. Wonder why they didn't call it the Mac Mini Pro ?

I'm interested to see how cool this thing stays when working with 4/5K video and hours long rendering sessions.

Screen Shot 12.jpg

Last edited:
Apple is holding a special press event the morning of October 30th at 10AM EDT. We're expecting news about new iPad and Mac hardware- possibly about the future of the aging Mac Mini and Mac Pro desktops. Along with the announcement, Apple put out a set of 10 awesome new logos.

What do you want to see from Apple?

Watch the event here:
https://www.apple.com/apple-events/
Well, still no Mac Pro accounced. Disappointing. The other products they updated seem cool, though I don't use them. Such as the MacBook Air and the iPad Pro. It's about time they updated the Mac Mini, that thing was starting to look pathetic in this day and age.

Holy high prices Batman ! Look at the cost of the maxed out Mac mini with FCPX installed. Don't forget to add sales tax too. Looks like hackintoshing is still the way to go for now. Wonder why they didn't call it the Mac Mini Pro ?

I'm interested to see how cool this thing stays when working with 4/5K video and hours long rendering sessions.

View attachment 361555
Yeah that's insanely high priced for that. It doesn't even have a dedicated GPU.

View attachment 361555

To be fair, most people will probably end up upgrading the RAM themselves which immediately cuts that number by $1400.

Plus, the $100 price for 10GBase-T is extemely reasonable.

A Mac Mini with i7 and 512GB SSD comes in at a much more reasonable price.

Screen Shot 2018-10-30 at 11.44.27 AM.png

most people will probably end up upgrading the RAM themselves
We don't know if that's even possible yet. Knowing Apple it's likely soldered on, CTO only.

Last edited:
I always wish for what I can't get from Apple. I would love to see a mac desktop that is user upgradeable and user expandable. The mac mini of the 2014 variety was not. The imac of course is not. Only a small percentage of mac users need the specs of a mac pro or the imac pro. A nice case with some expansion slots and 2 - 4 user friendly ram slots would be a dream. Of course what we will probably get is a new (with no upgrade options) mac mini with intel 8th generation chips. I don't expect to see a mac pro. But . . . new ipads might be interesting. Excited to see what is coming. I think Apple has lost its way as a computer company. It is a mobile device company now. If Steve Jobs was around I don't think there would have been a such a long wait between mac mini and mac pro announcements.
Agreed, man. I got into Mac's and macOS either right before or after Jobs passed on, but I heard Apple used to be better. Someone gave me an old iMac from 2002. iMac G4 I think the model is, and if you look at it closely and study what they were thinking, you can tell it's a more quality product than what you get now. For example, the power LED light on the front. If your iMac goes to sleep or something now, there is no way of knowing if it's sleeping or shutdown. Also, the exhaust fan is on top of the snow ball at the bottom, which makes way more sense than behind the stand on a modern day iMac.

The decisions they make are just stupid anymore and they put TOO much emphasis on looks and appearance to the point where functionality suffers. I don't think anyone would mind slightly thicker computers for better cooling, or vents at the top of the iMac, etc. What the hell are they going to do when even more powerful CPU's come out? They should just put AIO coolers in them and call it a day, cause they aren't very good at air cooling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back