Contribute
Register

Apple Special Event Scheduled for October 30th

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone wanting to get into the Apple eco system the mini is the best starting point, but the current version is way too slow. I think they will revamp it with a minimum 256gb SSD, 8 gig ddr4 ram, and maybe a Kabylake of some sort stuck in as well. At least that will be able to run the basics of modern household computing (internet, mail, images, songs etc).

The internet news media is predicting a more expensive "pro" version of the mini. Will be interesting to see what the options are.

Apple is planning to refresh the Mac mini during the fall of 2018, according to reliable Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo. The new machine is expected to include an upgraded processor, but Kuo did not outline any other potential changes.

Bloomberg has confirmed rumors of Apple's plans for a new Mac mini, suggesting Apple is working on an upgraded version of the Mac mini focused on pro users with new storage and processor options that are likely to make it more expensive than previous Mac mini products.

Apple is planning to hold an event focused on Macs and iPads on Tuesday, October 30 in New York City, which is when we'll likely see the debut of the new Mac mini. The event will take place at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time

The internet news media is predicting a more expensive "pro" version of the mini. Will be interesting to see what the options are.

Hopefully an intel + Vega model for pro usage. That would be nice and maybe we could spoof some of these Hades canyon NUCs. But I haven’t seen anything in the IDs of the 10,000Controllerkext that is new and the ones in there don’t seem to work. Usually they would have the Kexts ready during testing or at least a hint of it.

All 370 New Apple Logos

-UOl-LXQ.png

370 Logos from Apple’s “There’s more in the making” media event
I have to wonder why 370 ? Why not 382 or 329 ? Maybe has something to do with the Intel chipset in new Macs ? :think: Could simply be a coincidence too. Hopefully Apple will come out and state that all of the talk about switching Macs to ARM based chips is completely wrong and that they're staying with Intel in at least the Mac desktop lineup. The Mac Mini, iMac and Mac Pro.

Last edited:
It's a given that Mac Pro is next year, but maybe a teaser?

I think it's extremely important to the hackintosh community that the Mac Pro even continues to exist and that Apple has publicly stated that Pro users are important to them going forward. Sure the prices for the iMac Pro and new Mac Pro are way above what average Mac consumers will pay for a desktop. The great thing is that Apple can still produce these even if they don't sell in huge numbers like iPads and iPhones. Apple knows that those that make a living, earn money from using their Macs, will pay top dollar. So I really don't care about the higher prices as long as Apple stays with the Intel x86 architecture. If I can build my own PC and install macOS on it I'm more than happy. I don't see iMac Pros and Mac Pros switching to ARM based, A series chips exclusively any time soon, if ever.

I doubt that Apple will ever publicly acknowledge the hackintosh community but here's what Tim Cook might say if they did. (try to hear the sound of Tim Cook's voice as you read this)

"These are people, from every race, climate and culture around the world that love macOS so much they are willing to build their own machines to run the world's most advanced operating system on them. They spend hundreds of hours tirelessly reading and researching ways to make macOS run flawlessly on their computers. They even modify older Apple hardware such as the classic Mac Pro tower, iMac and Mac Mini because they absolutely love the design of Apple products. These are the dreamers, the tinkerers that embody the spirit of what Apple was like in the very beginning. A small group of people who have a vision to create beautiful products that are a joy to use. They are the creative artists, film makers, photographers and coders that are doing the very best work of their lives. So today, I tip my hat to this global community and say that today, Apple is changing it's End User License Agreement to allow the installation of macOS on non-Apple branded hardware. It's our way of saying thank you to this amazing group of people who are so dedicated to Apple."

280x425.jpg
Next, the audience at the Steve Jobs theater stands up and gives Cook a five minute long ovation. Many Apple employees that have built their own hackintoshes breathe a sigh of relief. Tonymacx86 members break out the champagne bottles and celebrate.

Should I send the above paragraph to Tim Cook via his email address ? What do you think ?

Last edited:
Hopefully an intel + Vega model for pro usage. That would be nice and maybe we could spoof some of these Hades canyon NUCs. But I haven’t seen anything in the IDs of the 10,000 Controllerkext that is new and the ones in there don’t seem to work. Usually they would have the Kexts ready during testing or at least a hint of it.

"If an Apple filing for the Eurasian Economic Competition database is any indication, Apple is going to announce three new Mac models at its October 30th media event in New York City. The model numbers include A1993, A2115 and A2116, and could belong to new iMac, MacBook, or even Mac mini models." from the Mac Observer website.

My guess is that we'll see a new Macbook or two (A2115 and A2116) and a new Mac Mini (A1993) but not a new iMac next Tuesday.

Last edited:
I think it's extremely important to the hackintosh community that the Mac Pro even continues to exist and that Apple has publicly stated that Pro users are important to them going forward. Sure the prices for the iMac Pro and new Mac Pro are way above what average Mac consumers will pay for a desktop. The great thing is that Apple can still produce these even if they don't sell in huge numbers like iPads and iPhones. Apple knows that those that make a living, earn money from using their Macs, will pay top dollar. So I really don't care about the higher prices as long as Apple stays with the Intel x86 architecture. If I can build my own PC and install macOS on it I'm more than happy. I don't see iMac Pros and Mac Pros switching to ARM based, A series chips exclusively any time soon, if ever.

I doubt that Apple will ever publicly acknowledge the hackintosh community but here's what Tim Cook might say if they did. (try to hear the sound of Tim Cook's voice as you read this)

"These are people, from every race, climate and culture around the world that love macOS so much they are willing to build their own machines to run it on them. They spend hundreds of hours tirelessly reading and researching ways to make macOS run flawlessly on their computers. They even modify older Apple hardware such as the classic Mac Pro tower, iMac and Mac Mini because they absolutely love the design of Apple products. These are the dreamers, the tinkerers that embody the spirit of what Apple was like in the very beginning. A small group of people who have a vision to create beautiful products that are a joy to use. They are the creative artists, film makers, photographers and coders that are doing the very best work of their lives. So today, I tip my hat to this global community and say that today, Apple is changing it's End User License Agreement to allow the installation of macOS on non-Apple branded hardware. It's our way of saying thank you to this amazing group of people who are so dedicated to Apple."

Next, the audience at the Steve Jobs theater stands up and gives Cook a five minute long ovation. Many Apple employees that have built their own hackintoshes breathe a sigh of relief. Tonymacx86 members break out the champagne bottles and celebrate.

Should I send the above paragraph to Tim Cook via his email address ? What do you think ?

I don’t know, they might start charging $150 per license which would put many users out of the loop. Or worse, an annual fee.

"These are people, from every race, climate and culture around the world that love macOS so much they are willing to build their own machines to run macOS. They spend hundreds of hours tirelessly reading and researching ways to make macOS run flawlessly on their computers. They even modify older Apple hardware such as the classic Mac Pro tower, iMac and Mac Mini because they absolutely love the design of Apple products. These are the dreamers, the tinkerers that embody the spirit of what Apple was like in the very beginning. A small group of people who have a vision to create beautiful products that are a joy to use. They are the creative artists, film makers, photographers and coders that are doing the very best work of their lives. So today, I tip my hat to this global community and say that Apple is changing it's End User License Agreement to allow the installation of macOS on non-Apple branded hardware. It's our way of saying thank you to this amazing group of people who are so dedicated to Apple."

@trs96,

Great speech but unfortunately a dream, i think there is as much chance of Apple endorsing the hackingtosh community as there is of Nvidia releasing Cuda and Web Drivers for Mojave before the year is out .... Apple's ethos has changed for the worse since we lost Steve Jobs, they only care about making as much money as possible and releasing products that put form over function with built in obsolescence (non upgradable) .. an $8000.0 laptop that has a poor thermal cooling solution with soldered RAM and SSD with no way of recovering the data just so it can be a few millimetres thinner... utter madness !! and yet people buy them.

Like you I really hope (for our sakes) that Apple do release a new modular/upgradable x86 based Mac Pro system in 2019/2020, but you cant help but think that such a product no longer fits into Apples non-upgradable and forced obsolescence business model ?

Apple needs to return to it's roots ... but i doubt that it will ever happen ....

Cheers
Jay

Well I was out walking and began thinking about this general situation. It occurred to me that moving desktop architecture to a mobile-style ARM one would probably not happen. People think that leads the way to a unified App Store - Macs running iOS apps and vice-versa. ... Spot the big no-no there. This strategy failed completely for Big M. In fact they dumped their mobile OS all together when they tried to unify it with the desktop. I'm sure Big A will have analysed that up to the hilt and (hopefully) decided against that route.

Of course I was just walking and thinking. I've probably missed something. But I have a hope Apple will continue with the Intel desktop and will let us alone.

It also occurred to me that they have the technical knowledge to simply put a block on us converting PCs to their OS. This was a big thing back in the early Windows/late DOS days. Manufacturers often included BIOS-type checks before they let software be installed or run. True, a few hacks appeared to get around this, but I imagine nowadays the techniques could be much more rigorous and ingenious - if Apple really wanted to implement them. That they haven't at least gives me hope.

(That's not to underestimate the brain-power and tech skills of the Clover team and those geniuses that offer support here. Their work is what keeps us going :thumbup:)

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back