Contribute
Register

Apple security update 2017-001 changes build number disabling nvidia driver - Driver updated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got some "Invalid signature -67030 for kext" when running the script, any ideas??

Did you run the script with sudo ?
eg : sudo <shell path>./webdriver.sh -m
work fine for me
Yes I ran script with sudo, but after reboot I’m still on OS X native driver not nvidia

UPDATE: I added -m 17B1002 at the end...and it worked!! I was definitely holding it wrong:)
Thanx a lot for the script

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-29 at 20.19.37.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-11-29 at 20.19.37.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 784
Last edited:
Yes I ran script with sudo, but after reboot I’m still on OS X native driver not nvidia

I did "./webdriver.sh -m 17B1002" and that worked for me. The script said it was setting the required version to 17B1002 but for you it says B1002. Maybe it should work the way you've done it but it might be worth trying to specify the whole build number as shown…?

Update and reboot
run the script with sudo
eg : sudo <shell path>/webdriver.sh -m 17B1002
work fine for me

This doesn't work for me. I need to install the webdriver but it's not the right build number. Anyone know something I can do? I do not have the web driver installed so I cannot apply this fix?

This doesn't work for me. I need to install the webdriver but it's not the right build number. Anyone know something I can do? I do not have the web driver installed so I cannot apply this fix?
This fix only works for people who have the webdriver already installed, it will not install if you already have the security update installed on your system.

Is there any way to install the web drivers on this new build? Unfortunately I uninstalled them after the update, thinking I could just reinstall the .pkg file. The script posted in this thread doesnt seem to work for fresh installs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back