Contribute
Register

Apple security update 2017-001 changes build number disabling nvidia driver - Driver updated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
dosent work for me and I have uninstalled the driver. I guess I am stuck until a new driver release ?
My error message is MacOSX Version 10.13.1 (17B1003) when I tried to install the new driver
The script isn't working either
sudo ./webdriver.sh -m 17B1003
Error: /Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext/Contents/Info.plist not found

Cheers!

Hello,
dosent work for me and I have uninstalled the driver. I guess I am stuck until a new driver release ?
My error message is MacOSX Version 10.13.1 (17B1003) when I tried to install the new driver

Cheers!
Post #66

I cannot install driver again. I have done everything at post #66 but i dont have nvidia driver instaled. No nvidia driver manager.

Hello,

Cheers!

You need to type word sudo, then drag and drop the webdriver.sh file, than type the rest of the code.

Right after security update came, I installed graphic update (which nvidia app actually offered itself) and driver worked for a while.

Now it again seems to be incompatible

Attachments

• nvidia.jpg
    nvidia.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 275
So ? No update ? still nothing

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-30 at 17.47.44.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-30 at 17.47.44.png
    65.9 KB · Views: 163
Thanks Kissnofrog
I missed that post ahaha. I got through the process it downloaded the file and proceed to installation. Finished with "lock acquired" etc... I rebooted and still not running the NVIDIA driver and no nvidia driver manager.
Have you tried it with the 107 version, too? I had the same with the 108. going back to 107 fixed the issue.

Of course I am doing a fresh install the day of the 1003 security patch. I wonder if the patch was applied in the pkg from the app store, or if its applied upon installation when it finds an internet connection..

EDIT: the patch is applied if internet connection present during install it seems, as I re-installed fresh and disconnected the cable. I was then able to install nvidia web drivers before the apple patch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back