Contribute
Register

Apple security update 2017-001 changes build number disabling nvidia driver - Driver updated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just dropping by to say I also had to run the script after security update with 17B1003 to reenable Web Drivers. Then tried to install latest drivers (108) but they aren't compatible.

Anyhow, thanks for easy fix (I almost freakout :)).

There is some person employed at NVIDIA whose only job is to update the web driver whenever Apple changes the macOS build number. That seems like a waste of talent. What the hell is the necessity of tying the web driver to a particular build number?

You should be happy that Nvidia is that quick to respond to Apple's changes. I am impressed with the control that Nvidia excercizes over its drivers, which we so much depend on. Only Nvidia will know whether a code change, that Apple is phasing in will impact on Nvidia's drivers. Now to Apple and the two security fixes. Also that is acceptable to me, giving me peace of mind that Apple is serious about our security, even if it means that the 2nd security fix may just have been a code fix of an error that inadvertently slipped in with the publication of the first patch. I think we are all human and each one of us, at least those that code, realise how easy it is to produce code with errors. Nobody is perfect and seeing that I am living in a glass house I rather not throw stones :)
Cheers

I ran the script as instructed in Post #66.
it did not work for me. the Nvidia drivers are not loading even though they are selected in the driver manager (also after a reboot)
the script ran without errors.

I run the script like in post #66. After that i restart the pc but i dont have ndriver loaded. I dont have nvidia driver manager instaled.

I ran the script as instructed in Post #66.
it did not work for me. the Nvidia drivers are not loading even though they are selected in the driver manager (also after a reboot)
the script ran without errors.
Update: I ran the Scripts again using the URL for the 107 Package. This worked for me!
so will stay on that version until 109 comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back