Contribute
Register

Apple security update 2017-001 changes build number disabling nvidia driver - Driver updated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has this update installed any receipts on your macOS? I find no information on System Information app, neither in past updates on App Store. The same for you? Is this how it was suppose to be? The version number of the OS bumped to the new one.

Installed the update, rebooted and waiting for Nvidia fix, otherwise Mac OS X boots normally with our web driver support.
You can use this script to modify the driver for the new build number.
If you already installed the security update
Code:
webdriver.sh -m
After updating, before rebooting for seamless driver support
Code:
webdriver.sh -m 17B1002
github repository

edit: 11/30 updated script fixes -m without specifying a build and also check for updates

Attachments

• webdriver.sh.zip
    3.9 KB · Views: 618
Last edited:
the update will load and not prompt you for a reboot. next time you do though, no web driver. if you go to settings and nivida and do a check it will not have any update yet. I hate that nvidia does this, what the heck is the point of locking the driver to a specific build of macos?! at least give us the option to run the drivers with a warning saying it hasnt been tested or something, ridiculous.

Has this update installed any receipts on your macOS? I find no information on System Information app, neither in past updates on App Store. The same for you? Is this how it was suppose to be? The version number of the OS bumped to the new one.
Tested the vulnerability issue the update addressed. Seems fixed. The only issue that worries me is the lack of receipt and the lack of notification in update history, in App Store.

But why use Nvidia WebDrivers? They bring a lot of problems, when updates come.

Last edited:
You can use this script to modify the driver for the new build number.
If you already installed the security update
Code:
webdriver.sh -m
After updating, before rebooting for seamless driver support
Code:
webdriver.sh -m 17B1002
github repository
Thanks for the script, unfortunately it didn't work. Still without web driver support.

But why use Nvidia WebDrivers? They bring a lot of problems, when updates come.
because there is no acceleration or video at all if you dont use them. apple doesnt supply any drivers for nvidia unless your card is very old because no current mac products use them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back