Intel i7-4790K Core Prozessor
Graphics
ASUS nvidia gtx 780 TI
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
After installing the Security Update 2016-001 for 10.11.6 on El Capitan I had black screen on reboot until using nv_disable=1 option. I am using NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti. But the problem does also effect others.

Since there at the current time there is no new NVIDIA Web Driver released I looked around and found out that an old one works for me. -> 346.03.15b01

I installed the package, rebooted and it worked again. After that the NVIDIA Driver Manager no longer finds the newest (my former installed not working one: 346.03.15f02) driver as an update option. So I'm not sure it will find the future release to fix the current issue with the old one installed. So maybe check for a future driver manually. But maybe the Driver Manager does not find the 15f02 only because it's not compatible.

Source:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...pdates-for-el-capitan-update-07262016/page-30

Anyway, thanks for informing us about the breakage!

Never mind. Did not find it manually navigating through the forum hierarchy. Surely would have found it using forum search instead of google search.

Thank you DSidious, you saved my tail. Using Clover Configurator 2, I first had to set the nv_disable=1 flag in the Boot Menu; then I downloaded and installed the old Nvidia driver 346.03.15b01 and rebooted; and finally, went back into Clover Configurator 2 and set nvda_drv=1 in the Boot Menu and rebooted again. All is well, thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back