Contribute
Register

Apple Reveals macOS Sierra at WWDC - Available Fall 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the list of supported Macs. Great to see my Macbook Mid 2010 Unibody White can run it :D

• MacBook (late 2009 and later).
  • iMac (late 2009 and later).
  • MacBook Air (late 2010 and later).
  • MacBook Pro (late 2010 and later).
  • Mac Mini (late 2010 and later).
  • Mac Pro (late 2010 and later).

was doing a clean install. was trying to figure out the best approach for the update, I hoped I could be from the app store as I've been lucky that way so far. any of you awesome people have the terminal command to install to an external USB drive named USB :)

was doing a clean install. was trying to figure out the best approach for the update, I hoped I could be from the app store as I've been lucky that way so far. any of you awesome people have the terminal command to install to an external USB drive named USB :)
Can you try using the El Capitan USB tool?

Anyone registered in the dev programme? May you, lady or sir, share that beautiful wallpaper with us?

edit: as soon as you have installed the new os ;)
macOS-Sierra-Wallpaper-Macbook-Wallpaper.jpg

here u go

Anyone successfully install yet? I am signed up for the public beta of both macOS and iOS 10.

Can you try using the El Capitan USB tool?
tried that , not the create media yet as we've been blowing up at work...

Anyone successfully install yet? I am signed up for the public beta of both macOS and iOS 10.
It looks like it doesn't want to load FakeSMC during install boot-up. Will attempt the "restore" method with copied FakeSMC right now

It looks like it doesn't want to load FakeSMC during install boot-up. Will attempt the "restore" method with copied FakeSMC right now

The Rules said:
This site allows discussion of pre-release software (such as OS X Public Beta software builds) from the free Apple Beta Software Program. This site does NOT support pre-release Apple Developer Program Beta software, and does NOT allow the discussion of installation or use of Apple Developer Program Beta software. Repeated violations of this rule will result in a permanent ban. No Apple Developer Program Builds, Apple Beta Software Program builds only

Good news is dev docs say they're planning to open source the new file system after macOS 12 ships. That should mean Hackintosh compatibility is guaranteed even if it takes awhile. They won't drop HFS+ support overnight either so shouldn't be a major stumbling block either way.

https://developer.apple.com/library...m.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40016999-CH4-SW1

Apple plans to document and publish the APFS volume format when Apple File System is released in 2017.

Hope it's sooner rather than later in 2017.

You beat me to it. That is a good thing because I discovered after trying to get the MacOS on my hackintosh recently that my hackintosh can no longer be a hackintosh. I am guessing that it had something to do with me moving recently and my hackintosh was damaged in shipping. Good thing I don't need it anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back