Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Screen Shot 2016-06-13 at 1.37.37 PM.png
Today Apple revealed that OS X will be renamed macOS, and that this year's major revision will be called macOS Sierra. Some key improvements to the operating system include the addition of Siri voice assistant, Apple Pay, and remote unlock as well as updates to tabs, continuity, Safari, and iCloud. A Developer Preview version will be available immediately for registered Apple Developers, with a Public Beta expected in July.

Screen Shot 2016-06-13 at 1.46.16 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-06-13 at 1.50.39 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-06-13 at 1.50.41 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-06-13 at 1.50.45 PM.png
The developer preview of macOS Sierra is available to Mac Developer Program members starting today. To help make macOS even better, Apple is also providing a macOS Public Beta Program, which gives customers early access to macOS Sierra and invites them to try out the release and submit their feedback. Mac users can participate in the Apple Beta Software Program for macOS Sierra this July and download the final version for free from the Mac App Store this fall.

In order to download and test out macOS Sierra, you must be a registered and paid member of the Apple Developer Program. A Public Beta is expected to release sometime later this Summer, with general availability in the Fall.

Screen Shot 2016-06-13 at 1.37.44 PM.png

Please note, our rules prohibit discussion of the Developer Beta, but will allow discussion of the Public Beta when it is available.
  • This site allows discussion of pre-release software (such as macOS Public Beta software builds) from the free Apple Beta Software Program. This site does NOT support pre-release Apple Developer Program Beta software, and does NOT allow the discussion of installation or use of Apple Developer Program Beta software. Repeated violations of this rule will result in a permanent ban. No Apple Developer Program Builds, Apple Beta Software Program builds only.
Apple Developer Program
https://developer.apple.com/devcenter/mac/index.action

Apple Beta Software Program
https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/welcome

Last edited:
That's nice and all, but how will it work with hackintoshes? Are there any major internal changes?

That's nice and all, but how will it work with hackintoshes? Are there any major internal changes?
:think: ? no one has even installed it yet to know what has changed or if it will work.

:think: ? no one has even installed it yet to know what has changed or if it will work.

Course it will work us as a community can make it work ;) got to wait to beta release then we can do the testing :)

wwdc15 was great, no, its wwdc16. Time flies by.

Plus there should be a hacka-pad (ipad) , hacka-phone (iphone) , and a hacka-watch (apple watch).

checking on that now to see what happens. I am 1.09 GB out of 4.99 in for 10.12

First thing I've read on the subject is on Ars Technica - and that is Mac Pro 2010 or later for Sierra. iMac seems to be 2009 and later.

Might be time to explore changing my system definition to a Skylake iMac now. Trouble is Mac Pro 2008 has been the best platform so far.

Wish I could get in on this, but I really don't want to risk my Hack and stuff!

Everything sounds great to me except for the new iCloud Drive stuff - if a file is rarely used it will be moved to the cloud to save space? I'm sure it can be turned off, but I have 1.5TB of space on my computer and 5GB space on iCloud... I want my files to stay locally on my machine, thank you very much!

Everything sounds great to me except for the new iCloud Drive stuff - if a file is rarely used it will be moved to the cloud to save space? I'm sure it can be turned off, but I have 1.5TB of space on my computer and 5GB space on iCloud... I want my files to stay locally on my machine, thank you very much!

Im working on it tonight. Ill let you know how i get on :)

parrtition your drive in two parts, one for data and one for macOs Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back