Contribute
Register

Apple Reveals macOS High Sierra at WWDC - Available Fall 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I direct your question to one of the two threads on iMessage in the General Help forum section. Please don't double post, pick on thread to post your question.

That said, since you have a descrete graphics card, you should be using 14,2. You can change it with MultiBeast. Check iMessage. And, if needed, use P1LRIM's An iDiot's Guide To iMessage.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/general-help.10/

Ok im an idiot. I replied to the original message from work. Apparently, I changed this a long time ago and forgot. Im already on 14,2. Apologies

Managing to boot Linux from APFS on Clover 4077 so when the time comes there should be no problems booting macOS...
Code:
0:747  0:000      Checking volume "APFS" (PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x14,0x0)\USB(0xA,0x0)\HD(2,GPT,BA7214D7-7492-4A01-9A8A-64A36D009676,0x64028,0xE0BFB0)\VenMedia(BE74FCF7-0B7C-49F3-9147-01F4042E6842,681BBFDC1C64374286F5629F6FB8EFC2)) ... match!
screenshot0-png.260242
Very good!! Vulgo. Now lets hope they don't switch over to Ryzen being that that they throwing full support to AMD video. Further, my belief is they are putting the trash cans in the trash cans as the quote was " The Fastest Mac we have ever built" what is the point of keeping the cans which have never sold well, when the Imac has always been a success i.e. the IMac Pro is phasing out the cans.

The iMac Pro is not replacing the Mac Pro's.

Yep, two different products for two different market segments. Can't wait to see what they come out with for the new (modular) Mac Pro when they're ready to reveal it, though after this week's exciting WWDC my expectations are now a bit higher than they were before this product announcement.

Yep, two different products for two different market segments.
Apple must reckon there are at least some users on the Mac Pro segment that will do well with an iMac Pro

Apple must reckon there are at least some users on the Mac Pro segment that will do well with an iMac Pro

Possibly they thought both segments would be addressed with their last offering of the Mac Pro, while it turns out that neither were perfectly served with that one product. Seems like a good split of the market to offer this lovely machine to one aspect as well as a more modular offering to serve even more of the Pro market. On the surface it appears quite a good move.

Possibly they thought both segments would be addressed with their last offering of the Mac Pro, while it turns out that neither were perfectly served with that one product. Seems like a good split of the market to offer this lovely machine to one aspect as well as a more modular offering to serve even more of the Pro market. On the surface it appears quite a good move.

You may not be saying that when the modular one is revealed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back