Contribute
Register

Apple Reveals macOS High Sierra at WWDC - Available Fall 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will support Kaby Lake processors.. so it might be easier to install on them

I am using 7700k + rx580 with 10.12.5 with no problem now, except sleep and wake
Not fair dude id take my hat off for you ;)
Can you share the resources you used to get it up and running and what you had to do. I'd seriously appreciate it soo much. I've had my build for about two weeks now and all I've gotten it to do it install and boot with 8mb of graphics. I've gotten the rx580 to run but it only put out the same 8gb. Ahhh I just want my computer to run. If you have the time I'd love the help.

Actually, the Skylake-X processors are Xeons. :thumbup:

Mmm. They are, and they're not?

Intel don't seem to be following the same convention for "HEDT" as per previous iterations? ie Xeon E5 = equivalent "HEDT" CPU and (single socket) motherboard.

Now...

Skylake X = X299 (motherboard) "Basin Falls" = LGA2066 socket.

Xeon (now?) = Xeon Skylake EP = "Purley" = LGA 3647 socket.

No longer E5-Xeon/HEDT interchangeable socket? I'm confused.

So, when Apple say iMac Pro "Xeon", are they referring to an LGA 3647 socket? Or do Apple really mean X299.

Gotta be X299 for iMac Pro, right? :think:

Last edited:
What about working APFS on HDD? It is optimized for SSD and I want to have a chance to use HFS+ instead if it may have problems...

Not fair dude id take my hat off for you ;)
Can you share the resources you used to get it up and running and what you had to do. I'd seriously appreciate it soo much. I've had my build for about two weeks now and all I've gotten it to do it install and boot with 8mb of graphics. I've gotten the rx580 to run but it only put out the same 8gb. Ahhh I just want my computer to run. If you have the time I'd love the help.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/enabling-amd-rx-4xx-cards-in-sierra.201364/

Try this, don't forget to use kext wizzard.

As you would expect, the NVIDIA drivers are not available yet.

I just Hope that they Will make a kext for Intel wifi driver dot :)

Just speculating that the new iMac pro will be x299 with i9 2066 pin processors. Since the top end config is 18 core, that is where the i9 tops out. I think Xeons go up to 24. If true, this is a good read on what upgrading your current system may look like:

https://unlocked.newegg.com/article/explainer-intel-x-series-cpus-i9-and-new-extreme-platform

Personally, I will probably go another year on my current rig as I don't have any need for more performance. However, I would upgrade if the new platform was easier to maintain. I want to thank the devs and daredevils in advance for checking out High Sierra once it goes live in the fall.

I guess we will have to wait a very long time for the upcoming Nvidia Volta GPU drivers right? Apple went AMD again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back