Contribute
Register

Apple Reveals macOS 10.15 Catalina- Available Fall 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, this sounds logical, especially if apple continues to provide BootCamp.

Also interesting to ask: even if Apple does not turn off T2, will Windows just not see it anyway and run with BootCamp? If that's the case there might be some useful code or new keys buried in there for FakeSMC.

:)
FWIW, we have an iMacPro running Mojave 10.14.5 at my office. I created an external drive (USB) to keep "on the shelf" as an emergency boot disk (likewise, with Mojave) loaded with troubleshooting utilities, etc. Following Apple's instructions, I can do a Command-R at bootup and disable all startup security, and then am able to boot off the external drive with no problem. Also, I installed BootCamp and Windows 10 with no problem, and can boot into Windows as I always have on other Macs, without doing any Command-R routine beforehand.

FWIW, we have an iMacPro running Mojave 10.14.5 at my office. I created an external drive (USB) to keep "on the shelf" as an emergency boot disk (likewise, with Mojave) loaded with troubleshooting utilities, etc. Following Apple's instructions, I can do a Command-R at bootup and disable all startup security, and then am able to boot off the external drive with no problem. Also, I installed BootCamp and Windows 10 with no problem, and can boot into Windows as I always have on other Macs, without doing any Command-R routine beforehand.

Very encouraging then :thumbup: :)

I'm sorry to add another comment about nVidia support. This it it? CUDA is gone along with Pascal and RTX?

Hackintoshing has always been about reasonable price of the hardware against win10. But why kill nVidia and eGPU in favor of AMD?!

Posting this from the new beta. Upgraded with no issues.
Using gt 710 with dual screens @ full resolution.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 12.29.34 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 12.29.34 AM.png
    273.9 KB · Views: 745
I don’t see why there are so many Radeon haters here.
It's not that we are Radeon haters here specially. It's that we've already invested so much in an nVIDIA card, of course, while being unaware things would take this turn. Now, selling a freshly bought GTX or RTX is not so evident given the fact that we will have to considerably lower down the price and shortly after that find ourselves adding money again on top of that just to be on par to switch to the red team, while we already had a decent GPU. And my worst fear is that since nVIDIA or Apple or whoever should it be is not making an official statement that they will not provide drivers is that the day we sell our graphics card for peanuts (and you bet it) is the very much day or the other that we see a release. So, the main reason is about money and not that so much "hate" against Radeon. But of course there are some features that only nVIDIA provides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back