Contribute
Register

Apple Reveals macOS 10.15 Catalina- Available Fall 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
When those macOS minimum system requirement are all machines with Apple T2 chips or higher, methinks it will be the end of the hackintosh.
Keep in mind Apple is providing the longest backward compatibility and updates on the market. I don't see any jeopardy for the hackintosh in the near future. Rather possible is taking more money for their really excellent operating system. I bought it twice so far but it's even possible to buy it only once and install it on many, many machines. For 20 bucks? Seriously? Excellent deal for the customer, in my opinion...

I'd never think twice about taking macOS (even a hack) to the stage or any other live situation, with Windows I'm always anxious something won't work. As of me I ditched Windows for quite some time now and Microsoft is doing a great job more and more breaking Windows to a gaming and fooling around platform. Meh.

So I'm curious how this T2 chip will be simulated on a non-Mac. Anyone have any ideas?

Any chance of Intel Wifi support kext in 10.15?

Any chance of Intel Wifi support kext in 10.15?

Apple doesn’t use Intel Wi-Fi cards and most likely the Mac Pro will use a similar custom Wi-Fi module that the iMac Pro had.

Keep in mind Apple is providing the longest backward compatibility and updates on the market.
whus ? I think Windows has a much longer backward compatibility than any macOS (OS X).

Last edited:
When those macOS minimum system requirement are all machines with Apple T2 chips or higher, methinks it will be the end of the hackintosh.
Right now there is an option, provided by Apple, to completely turn off T2 security and boot another OS on a Mac with a T2 chip. Apple is comparing it to Secure Boot in a PC. If they continue to do this there is no problem.
Secure Boot offers three settings to make sure that your Mac always starts up from a legitimate, trusted Mac operating system or Microsoft Windows operating system: Full Security, Medium Security, and No Security.
So if you are booting genuine macOS on your Hackintosh you can still even use the other security settings.

Right now there is an option, provided by Apple, to completely turn off T2 security and boot another OS on a Mac with a T2 chip. Apple is comparing it to Secure Boot in a PC. If they continue to do this there is no problem.

So if you are booting genuine macOS on your Hackintosh you can still even use the other security settings.

Yes, this sounds logical, especially if apple continues to provide BootCamp.

Also interesting to ask: even if Apple does not turn off T2, will Windows just not see it anyway and run with BootCamp? If that's the case there might be some useful code or new keys buried in there for FakeSMC.

:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back