CPU
i7-8550U/16GB/EVO+
Graphics
UHD620@4K
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
When those macOS minimum system requirement are all machines with Apple T2 chips or higher, methinks it will be the end of the hackintosh.
Keep in mind Apple is providing the longest backward compatibility and updates on the market. I don't see any jeopardy for the hackintosh in the near future. Rather possible is taking more money for their really excellent operating system. I bought it twice so far but it's even possible to buy it only once and install it on many, many machines. For 20 bucks? Seriously? Excellent deal for the customer, in my opinion...

I'd never think twice about taking macOS (even a hack) to the stage or any other live situation, with Windows I'm always anxious something won't work. As of me I ditched Windows for quite some time now and Microsoft is doing a great job more and more breaking Windows to a gaming and fooling around platform. Meh.

Motherboard
Laptop
CPU
I3 5020U
Graphics
Hd5500
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Waiting to see if iPad Digital Keyboard Page turner app can run

Motherboard
HP8300 MT
CPU
i5 3.2ghz
Graphics
AMD 560 4GB
So I'm curious how this T2 chip will be simulated on a non-Mac. Anyone have any ideas?

Motherboard
Lenovo S740
CPU
i7-1065G7
Graphics
Iris Plus
Any chance of Intel Wifi support kext in 10.15?

Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 SAGE/10G
CPU
i9-9980XE
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Any chance of Intel Wifi support kext in 10.15?
Apple doesn’t use Intel Wi-Fi cards and most likely the Mac Pro will use a similar custom Wi-Fi module that the iMac Pro had.

Motherboard
ASUS Gryphon Z87
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
HD 4600 & RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Apple
Keep in mind Apple is providing the longest backward compatibility and updates on the market.
whus ? I think Windows has a much longer backward compatibility than any macOS (OS X).

Last edited:

trs96

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
HD4600 / RX 570
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
When those macOS minimum system requirement are all machines with Apple T2 chips or higher, methinks it will be the end of the hackintosh.
Right now there is an option, provided by Apple, to completely turn off T2 security and boot another OS on a Mac with a T2 chip. Apple is comparing it to Secure Boot in a PC. If they continue to do this there is no problem.
Secure Boot offers three settings to make sure that your Mac always starts up from a legitimate, trusted Mac operating system or Microsoft Windows operating system: Full Security, Medium Security, and No Security.
So if you are booting genuine macOS on your Hackintosh you can still even use the other security settings.