Contribute
Register

Apple Reveals macOS 10.14 Mojave at WWDC - Available Fall 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
well after a little research is not very clear yet if the "RAID' support in the IMAC PRO is because the T2 chip that is presented in IMAC PRO, as far as I know the Chip has some security features, the raid support might be indeed because of the T2 chip but nothing is really 100% certain, there is a lot of speculation, also is the raid configuration true raid? or were the drivers converted to apple fusion drives to then have or add support for APFS RAID, there are a few interesting things here, as soon as I get a chance I will give it a try. I probably wait for Mojave Public Beta 1 so we can freely discuss the topic, there are a few possibilities to accomplish the task or to get the job done but if none of them work then it has to be because of the T2 chip like trs96 mentioned

breaking news, bootable RAID with APFS but I can't give details or talk about it until Mojave PB is out, so is confirmed the T2 chip doesn't have nothing to do with the bootable raid on iMac Pro.

so is confirmed the T2 chip doesn't have nothing to do with the bootable raid on iMac Pro.
The T2 chip is the iMac Pro NVME SSD raid controller. Your discovery only proves that it can be done without a T2 chip. With a conventional PC raid array. This is good news for those that want APFS and blazing fast boot times from their CustoMac. :)
As you mentioned Mojave beta is still under NDA so wait to report your details on this till the public beta is out shortly. TIA

T2. Enhanced integration and security.
Introducing the Apple T2 chip, our second-generation custom Mac silicon. By redesigning and integrating several controllers found in other Mac systems — like the system management controller, image signal processor, audio controller, and SSD controller. From the iMac Pro page on Apple.com.

Hello everyone!
Mojave Public beta is online in Italy, what about in your contry?

That article on MacRumors got pulled earlier. A few of the apple news sites put out stories that the Public Beta was out, but it hasn't been released yet. Check here:

https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/redemption

Screen Shot 2018-06-25 at 9.13.27 PM.png

I just downloaded unsupported Mac os mojave. I own a IMac 27 inch late 2013 which model selection do I choose. My model is 14,2 but not seeing this in the drop down menu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back