Contribute
Register

Apple Reveals macOS 10.14 Mojave at WWDC - Available Fall 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what companies like Korg will do. Their very successful iOS app "Gadget" is $39, but the MacOS version costs $299. If the iOS version will run on MacOS that would be great for consumers, not so great for Korg. But hell, $299 for Gadget is extremely overpriced for what it does.

It's not something automatic. The developer has to do the work and provide a release for it to run on macOS. Basically you can now use UIKit APIs on macOS, which you couldn't do before. You can't take an iOS app binary and just have it run on macOS.

So I am guessing that we are going to be upgrade without to much hassle ??

Apple has also updated their website with a full Mojave preview :thumbup:

https://www.apple.com/macos/mojave-preview/
Funny, I have NEVER worked or clicked on anything from the desktop view of a mac or Hackintosh since OS9 Classic on real Macs! lol. I ONLY work and navigate trough full screen finder windows on dual screens. Most of my data is housed in Downloads folder and external drives.

This is interesting we should care more than for "dynamic desktop". Notice AFS for Fusion and HDD, improved hard drive performance and Faster wake from sleep.

I wonder how all of this is going to work on Hackintoshes.

636637560290615243..png

It's not something automatic. The developer has to do the work and provide a release for it to run on macOS. Basically you can now use UIKit APIs on macOS, which you couldn't do before. You can't take an iOS app binary and just have it run on macOS.

Just a quick question:
Do you think that in the future stuff like Games would be programmed on all Platforms at once?
Like EA decides to bring a game to the Mac, lets say Fifa (Ignoring performance issues). Would the same game then be fairly easy to port to TV OS and IOS.
Because if this is the case the Mac or then the entire apple Platform might be way more interesting for developers (and we would see way more apps/games in consequence)

Seeing the Nintendo Switch I'm not sure if an iPad Pro is so far away performance wise. With the Apple TV as the "console" this would be the perfect platform in my Opinion. And it would also boost Apple TV way ahead of Shield or Android TV in general.

does any one know how to download macOS mojave 10.14 ? without enroll ?
You can not. At least not legally. The only channel for downloading macOS directly from Apple is from Mac App Store. Even if you search it to take from somewhere else, it is likely to be modified distro, and there is no way to know the risk of what it contains. I guess it is preferable to stay both, both legally and technically.

Regarding running on non-Metal GPUs, I remember that, on my previous Gigabyte based configuration, I needed to use npci=0x3000 to get the OS to boot up, I know that flag allowed booting on a reduced mode of the PCI configuration. There safe modes and so on. Perhaps Mojave will have a OpenGL boot mode or something to allow us to run it on non-Metal GPUs.

Last edited:
just finished downloading, will try to install it on my spare hard drive, and see what happens

I am underwhelmed. Just some ios/os upgrades. Another neat upgrade for the Hackintosh at least. Would have loved to at least seen a new Mac mini. I really hope they blow out the hardware upgrades in September. If not as I keep saying, it will be time to move on. I really wanted to see an iPhone se2. I need to trade in my 6s+. I keep feeling like Microsoft is more innovative than apple at this point. That’s an awful feeling.
In which point does ms innovate more ? The last updates they threw out were pretty useless , new emohies wooo etc ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back