Contribute
Register

Apple Reveals macOS 10.14 Mojave at WWDC - Available Fall 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forum Rules:
  • This site allows discussion of pre-release software (such as OS X Public Beta software builds) from the free Apple Beta Software Program. This site does NOT support pre-release Apple Developer Program Beta software, and does NOT allow the discussion of installation or use of Apple Developer Program Beta software. Repeated violations of this rule will result in a permanent ban. No Apple Developer Program Builds, Apple Beta Software Program builds only.

Must say, this is one macOS iteration with new features that actually got me interested, almost excited. And that doesn't happen too often!

If the dark mode can be used selectively rather than system-wide, that would be nice. For example Photos in dark mode would get it back to the customisable iPhoto look a lot of us liked.

Finder looks like it has actually been properly enhanced too.

I doubt I could find 32 people to share a FaceTime chat with me, but I guess this might come in handy for business conference use (?)

Plus, @tonymacx86 's post above gives us hope we can continue to build Hackintoshes with iMac14,2 sys-def +

Glad iOS is staying where it is designed to. Just hope the emulation layer, or whatever it will be, doesn't create overly bloated apps.

:thumbup:

Here is the list of Mac models that 10.14 Mojave will run on:

macOS 10.14 supports:
  • MacBook (Early 2015 or newer)
  • MacBook Air (Mid 2012 or newer)
  • MacBook Pro (Mid 2012 or newer)
  • Mac mini (Late 2012 or newer)
  • iMac (Late 2012 or newer)
  • iMac Pro (2017)
  • Mac Pro (Late 2013, plus mid 2010 and mid 2012 models with recommend Metal-capable GPU)
Source:
https://9to5mac.com/2018/06/04/macos-10-14-mojave-supported-macs/

I guess this is the end of hackintosh for me :'(

My desktop is a P55 with an i5 760 and I use iMac11,3 SMBIOS which matches it perfectly, so no go.

My laptop is an i5-2430M and use MacBookPro8,1 SMBIOS that also matches perfectly.

There's no sight of getting new hardware anytime soon, so I'll stay in High Sierra.

Thanks for everything TonyMac and the rest of you guys, because I've learned a lot from you since the Leopard days that I started hackintoshing.

Cheers!

My desktop is a P55 with an i5 760 and I use iMac11,3 SMBIOS which matches it perfectly, so no go.

My laptop is an i5-2430M and use MacBookPro8,1 SMBIOS that also matches perfectly.

There's no sight of getting new hardware anytime soon, so I'll stay in High Sierra.

Thanks for everything TonyMac and the rest of you guys, because I've learned a lot from you since the Leopard days that I started hackintoshing.

Cheers!

I wouldn't be so negative! In the past, there have been workarounds for even discontinued Mac users to install the latest OS. I'm sure there may be some ways for hackintosh developers to mod in support to bypass those checks. You never know!

Cheers!

No need to stay on High Sierra, just use an updated system definition.

Try iMac14,2. Even though it's not one-to-one match, I betcha 14,2 will work.

Cant seem to able to download it yet any idea why ?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-04 at 22.36.23.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-04 at 22.36.23.png
    543.5 KB · Views: 566
Ok, so... no Coffee Lake Macs yet? :roll2:
No Macs were announced. Actually, no new products were announced at all. I think we'll see product announcements at the Apple meet up in late August/early September as they have in the past.

No Macs were announced. Actually, no new products were announced at all. I think we'll see product announcements at the Apple meet up in late August/early September as they have in the past.
I doubt it will happen but I'd like to see a new Mac desktop hardware announcement that is separate from the Fall iPhone release event. They could do something in mid August before the back to school rush. Just think a whole hour or two dedicated to the new Mac Pro, iMacs and a Mac Mini refresh. The Mini and MP have been neglected for over 3 years now, why not remind people that they still exist and are important. Tim Cook could go on about how well the iMac Pro is selling. Show that new 2019 modular Mac Pro for those who've patiently waited all these years for a refresh. I'm sure they really want to know what to expect next year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back