Contribute
Register

Apple Reveals macOS 10.14 Mojave at WWDC - Available Fall 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess this is the end of hackintosh for me :'(

My desktop is a P55 with an i5 760 and I use iMac11,3 SMBIOS which matches it perfectly, so no go.

My laptop is an i5-2430M and use MacBookPro8,1 SMBIOS that also matches perfectly.

There's no sight of getting new hardware anytime soon, so I'll stay in High Sierra.

Thanks for everything TonyMac and the rest of you guys, because I've learned a lot from you since the Leopard days that I started hackintoshing.

Cheers!

Don't give up yet. I'm pretty sure we'll have this working given the past track history. What I'm really concerned about personally is seeing this work for actual 2009 Mac Pros hacked to be 2010 models. I'm pretty sure that will even work, but some heads are gonna roll if they really fight this one!

I think the real killer hat almost everyone has been wanting for a long time is the REAL dark mode.

I am underwhelmed. Just some ios/os upgrades. Another neat upgrade for the Hackintosh at least. Would have loved to at least seen a new Mac mini. I really hope they blow out the hardware upgrades in September. If not as I keep saying, it will be time to move on. I really wanted to see an iPhone se2. I need to trade in my 6s+. I keep feeling like Microsoft is more innovative than apple at this point. That’s an awful feeling.

You were setting yourself up for disappointment by expecting any sort of major hardware announcement during WWDC.

Can we expect a Coffee Lake Mac this year? I would love having a proper sysdef for a 8700k paired with AMD gpus... just dreaming out loud...

I just hope that it will work with my graphics card (AMD Radeon R7 360) because I tried many times with the last 3 versions of macOS and here’s what I got:

El Capitan: Compatible, works perfectly, except for the multiple monitors support.

Sierra: Not compatible, doesn’t work at all no matter how you try to spoof the ID.

High Sierra: Works, even the dual monitors support works, but as soon as you play an online video (like in YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, Twitter, etc.) the whole computer (except the mouse cursor) freezes and you can’t do anything until you restart. Also when you open Chrome, it freezes instantly in the same way.

Here is the list of Mac models that 10.14 Mojave will run on:

macOS 10.14 supports:
  • MacBook (Early 2015 or newer)
  • MacBook Air (Mid 2012 or newer)
  • MacBook Pro (Mid 2012 or newer)
  • Mac mini (Late 2012 or newer)
  • iMac (Late 2012 or newer)
  • iMac Pro (2017)
  • Mac Pro (Late 2013, plus mid 2010 and mid 2012 models with recommend Metal-capable GPU)
Source:
https://9to5mac.com/2018/06/04/macos-10-14-mojave-supported-macs/

Can't seem to able to download it says I did not enrolled my Mac but I did enrolled and I meet the specification ?
Or is just not possible to install yet on Hackintosh currently using macOS 10.13.5

I doubt it will happen but I'd like to see a new Mac desktop hardware announcement that is separate from the Fall iPhone release event. They could do something in mid August before the back to school rush. Just think a whole hour or two dedicated to the new Mac Pro, iMacs and a Mac Mini refresh. The Mini and MP have been neglected for over 3 years now, why not remind people that they still exist and are important. Tim Cook could go on about how well the iMac Pro is selling. Show that new 2019 modular Mac Pro for those who've patiently waited all these years for a refresh. I'm sure they really want to know what to expect next year.

Nah you’re only going to see MacBook Pro and iMacs being upgraded to 6 core coffee lake this year that’s it.

And 13” Quad Core MacBook Pros and discontinuation of MacBook Air most likely.

Next year Mac Pro will happen and most likely and iMac and MacBook Pro redesign as well.

Can't seem to able to download it says I did not enrolled my Mac but I did enrolled and I meet the specification ?
Or is just not possible to install yet on Hackintosh currently using macOS 10.13.5
I was able to download it with iMac Pro config. Installed it on a new partition, rebooted 3 times and after the installation was „done“ i was not able to boot the OS. Timeout AppleACPICPU... idk maybe fakesmc needs to updated or its my fault.. anyhow havent got much time to take care of it rn

Here is the list of Mac models that 10.14 Mojave will run on:

macOS 10.14 supports:
  • MacBook (Early 2015 or newer)
  • MacBook Air (Mid 2012 or newer)
  • MacBook Pro (Mid 2012 or newer)
  • Mac mini (Late 2012 or newer)
  • iMac (Late 2012 or newer)
  • iMac Pro (2017)
  • Mac Pro (Late 2013, plus mid 2010 and mid 2012 models with recommend Metal-capable GPU)
Source:
https://9to5mac.com/2018/06/04/macos-10-14-mojave-supported-macs/
We all know that, from El Capitan to Sierra, several older Macs were left out. But some of those that were not officially supported were still technically capable of running Sierra. The real technical requirements of Sierra were lower than the official ones. SSE 4.1 in the CPU was one of those. Now, we need to find out, first, what are the real technical requirements for Mojave. I am anxious to know. My guess is that the upgrade it is still worth it, even if some features may not work on certain hardware.

The os being metal based might prevent it from working on systems with no metal capable graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back