Contribute
Register

Apple releases Snow Leopard Graphics Update 1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I used iBoot ATI5xxxx-3 and installed Snow Leopard, 10.6.4 Combo-Update and the SL Graphics Update 1.0.
When I boot from iBoot ATI5xxx-3 everything would work fine, but after I installed EasyBeast (for unsupported CPUs), ATY_init and the ATI 5xxx kext, Graphics Enabler set to 'no' (all through the MultiBeast-Tool) the system wouldn't boot and reboots always.
It shows the bootloader, the apple logo appears and the screen goes black. Some seconds later the system reboots.
Any idea?

Should I edit the device ID for my graphic card in any list? Because the ASUS Matrix isn't a reference-model with stock-cooling and so on..

I see that you have the 2GB eyefinity non reference card of the 5870, I had a look at www.netkas.org to see if there was any success with those cards however could not find anything of use.

Im sure there has to be a way to get around it ill have a dig around and see what i can find for you.

However since your card is non reference i would try adding the device id and trying veret and ukari frame buffers mate.

let us know how you get on

animeghost said:
MacMan said:
animeghost said:
After installing Snow Leopard Graphics Update 1.0, do we have to rebuild ATY_Init and ATI5xxx kexts again in Multibeast 2.1.4?
No
MacMan, thank you very much for the enlightenment.

It does not work after I installed this Snow Leopard Graphics Updated 1.0, I get distorted graphics after going into the Mac OS. I found out the ATI5000Controller kext by Apple does not contain the Product ID for the graphics card I used.

As others have noted. Tried unsuccessfully to get the my ATI Sapphire 5750 DDR5 with 1 Gb to work with my hacintosh. I did get OSX downloaded but was only getting 1028x720 resolution which was poor for my 24" ViewSonic. I ran Multibeast (2.3) after doing the update (10.6.4). [Yes I didn't restart till multibeast was finished]. Got the reboot successfully but picture still only 1028x720. I then ran SL Graphics update and everything froze. Could not boot. Got this "frozen" screen when trying to load OSx. At that point, after many hours of frustration, I gave up. I have an older nVidia 9400 by MSI that works perfectly, albeit not as good a processor and only 512mb of RAM. I had purchased the ATI 5750 because it's in some of iMac's and I figured their must be a way to make it work. Guess I was wrong. It's on Ebay now. Depending on what I get for it, I'll get more RAM or a better nVidia card perhaps. Unless you love persistant frustation, just check out what others have gotten and go with an nVidia card until someone who has the time and know-how figures out this ATI problem.

Hey- Anyone what to suggest which would be better for my system? 4 more Gb of RAM or a newer Graphics card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back