Contribute
Register

Apple releases Snow Leopard Graphics Update 1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the best way to install this is a fresh install:

1. open multibeast (buyt dont do anything)
2. install sl 10.6.4 update
3. install Graphics update
4. Continue with multibeast
5. restart

When I went to apple support to download the Snow Leopard Graphics Update 1.0, it says, "Due to a scheduled upgrade of Apple's support systems, some features of the website are currently unavailable. We apologize for any inconvenience."

No download available for me.

Hello. I have my 5770 1GB Vapor-X already installed with MultiBeast 2.1.4 (ATY_Init Vervet + ATI 5xxx) and its working fine.

What i have to do to install this Graphics update? I readed:

1. Open MultiBeast 2.1.4
2. Install Apple Graphics update 1.0.
3. Run Multibeast before reboot and install System Utilities
4. Reboot

its ok? In multibeast i have to install only System Ultilities? or i have to install ATY_Init Vervet + ATI 5xxx again?

Thanks!

I downloaded the 1.0 update and installed it, then repaired and rebuild caches and permissions with Multibeast before restarting. It restarted fine and QE still worked but when I tried TF2 again there was no change. The performance makes the game still unplayable for me with FPS in the 10's or single digit, compared to an average of 140 in windows 7 with all details on high and AA x4 anioscopic filtering x4.

Did I do something wrong?

Core i7-860
HIS Radeon HD 5870
8GB 1600mhz ram (which only registers at 1022mhz I might add)
OS X 10.6.4
Running as Mac Pro 3.1

I have now installed this on my Hackintosh with a ATI 4850 card. I have two partitions with SL installed on them, one for testing and one for production. Once I tested this out, I ended up using MultiBeast's "ATI 48xx Device Injector" on my production partition. I previously hand edited the IOPCIMatch string directly in the ATI4800Controller.kext, but this did not work in my setup.

My successful install went as follows:
1) Run MultiBeast 2.1.4. Ok through initial prompts to selection area.
2) Run manually downloaded Graphics Update package, and have it install.
3) Once it is at the 'Restart' prompt, switch to MultiBeast, select the "ATI 48xx Device Injector" and "System Utilities", and run it until it quits.
4) Restart from the Graphics Update installer.

Everything is working correctly. Chess has nice reflections, there is a translucent menu bar, and I get the waves when I drop a new widget. Because I install them twice, I always manually download and run updates from Apple.

After installing Snow Leopard Graphics Update 1.0, do we have to rebuild ATY_Init and ATI5xxx kexts again in Multibeast 2.1.4?

animeghost said:
After installing Snow Leopard Graphics Update 1.0, do we have to rebuild ATY_Init and ATI5xxx kexts again in Multibeast 2.1.4?
No

MacMan said:
animeghost said:
No
MacMan, thank you very much for the enlightenment.

how do I install it? just run it, or do I need to run multibeast?

Installed without any issues what so ever,

There has been some small increases however im not to worried after running starcraft II on Ultra nice and smooth i can not complain.

Thanks Mac Man and TonyM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back