Contribute
Register

Apple releases Snow Leopard Graphics Update 1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
no problems here either.

even tho my cinebench opengl score has not been affected, my fps in world of warcraft and starcraft2 has gotten a boost by 15-20 fps. which is quite substantial :)

My previous post stated that I had issue with the installation (ATI5750).
I figured out the graphic update may had replaced the ATI5XXX file as some of the device IDs that added earlier were missing. It is working after I had amended it.

I installed it with no problem... but my cinebench open GL score is still kind of low.. :(

My GTX285 got 25-ish fps, while most people here with the same card got 30-ish fps.. if anyone have any suggestion how I can improve my score it would be very appreciated..

I've tried using "graphicenabler=yes", also NVEnabler kext, result is the same.

QE/IC is working btw (ripple effect on dashboard)..

Is this a BIOS issue? or maybe try different DSDT?

My second machine with an ASUS Nvidia 9600 GT, lags to hell and back in WoW even with the update, did it before, does it after. Have tried a fresh install etc. Have also tried changing to MacPro3,1 from iMac11,3 which made zero difference.

Copying the same install to my machine with the ATI 5770 it runs flawlessly. The two machines are identical except for the Graphics cards.

Weird. I ran Cinebench for ATI 5750 & it gave me 13.68fps.
Did i miss something here? Please advise.

System profiles does show Radeon 5700 series with 1024 of vram. I did change from 'IMAC 11,1 to IMAC 11,3 during graphic update.

Just to report that my Cinebench score improved, it was 23-24fps, now it's 25,68fps. Also Starcraft 2 runs a bit smoother.

Seems good, but while installing (cache stuff or repair permissions)
apple greyed turn off black message appears...
I held down power btn and restart. Now every things seems working.
But: does upgrade upgraded? :think:

sosilv said:
Seems good, but while installing (cache stuff or repair permissions)
apple greyed turn off black message appears...
I held down power btn and restart. Now every things seems working.
But: does upgrade upgraded? :think:
Look in /S/L/E for ATI5000, it you see it and other files with similar date then it did.

They were much faster with CUDA update this time, last time it too em a month for new CUDA drivers. Anyway, I am using it only for BOINC.

starbot said:
Do you by chance remember if your scores in 10.6.3 were higher? 10.6.4 brought my GTS 250 (similar/identical to the 9800gtx+) to a halt.

I'm hoping that the update + 10.6.4 will bring performance to at least of 10.6.3, but preferably higher. Anyone have any experience with the graphics update and a GTS 250?

After the graphics update I got my GTS 250 working using GraphicsEnabler, and using DVI to DVI. DVI to HDMI did not work. I get 1920x1080 on my monitor (my monitor is 16x9), and Front Row and chess both work, and Dashboard does the "splash".

My Cinebench score is abysmal though: 7.54fps and 4.89pts

With my ATI 4650 I got almost 20fps and just over 5pts in Cinebench.

OS X recognizes the card as a 1GB card with an unknown Chipset Model. I also installed the NVIDIA update from a month or so ago, so I don't know if that was part of OS X recognizing the card or not.

I'd like to go back to my ATI card for the performance improvement but I don't really do graphics-intensive stuff with my computer. 1080p movie trailers on apple.com work just fine (smooth)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back