Contribute
Register

Apple releases Snow Leopard Graphics Update 1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
@agentplaid

I also have an Nvidia 9800 based card. After installing the update and restarting I too noticed no change in performance. I used Multibeast to rebuild my extras directory and the caches, and after a restart my performance was greatly improved. Give that a shot.

nonagon said:
@agentplaid

I also have an Nvidia 9800 based card. After installing the update and restarting I too noticed no change in performance. I used Multibeast to rebuild my extras directory and the caches, and after a restart my performance was greatly improved. Give that a shot.
Most likely the reason the 9 series cards did not receive a performance boost is because they where available before the specified models that apple has mentioned in the graphics update.

working fine, but no change in performance for me on evga geforce 9800 gtx+ 512mb / ga-p55a-ud3 / core i5-760

before:
cinebench opengl = 24.62 fps
cinebench cpu = 3.76 pts
geekbench = 7732

installed update, then repaired permissions and ran multibeast system tools and rebooted

after:
cinebench opengl = 24.52 fps
cinebench cpu = 3.77 pts
geekbench = 7765

didn't expect change in cb cpu or geekbench tests, but thought i'd post for good measure.

newtron said:
working fine, but no change in performance for me on evga geforce 9800 gtx+ 512mb / ga-p55a-ud3 / core i5-760

before:
cinebench opengl = 24.62 fps
cinebench cpu = 3.76 pts
geekbench = 7732

installed update, then repaired permissions and ran multibeast system tools and rebooted

after:
cinebench opengl = 24.52 fps
cinebench cpu = 3.77 pts
geekbench = 7765

didn't expect change in cb cpu or geekbench tests, but thought i'd post for good measure.

Do you by chance remember if your scores in 10.6.3 were higher? 10.6.4 brought my GTS 250 (similar/identical to the 9800gtx+) to a halt.

I'm hoping that the update + 10.6.4 will bring performance to at least of 10.6.3, but preferably higher. Anyone have any experience with the graphics update and a GTS 250?

starbot said:
Do you by chance remember if your scores in 10.6.3 were higher? 10.6.4 brought my GTS 250 (similar/identical to the 9800gtx+) to a halt.

I'm hoping that the update + 10.6.4 will bring performance to at least of 10.6.3, but preferably higher. Anyone have any experience with the graphics update and a GTS 250?

i never tested in 10.6.3, unfortunately. i installed it from the SL disc, but then immediately upgraded.

Installed, no problems here.

starbot said:

My GTS 250 never worked in 10.6.4. I'd be interested if anyone got it working with this update as well...

nonagon said:
@agentplaid

Gave it a shot - no joy. Easy come, etc...

i installed it and everythings is fine.

i just tried Quakelive.com game.. in Safari Browser... and its a total ****.

I play a lot this game but in Windows 7... it seems that OSX it is not good for this game.

bye,
Sergio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back