Contribute
Register

Apple releases Snow Leopard Graphics Update 1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone know if its safe to update it when you have a ati HD5770 card ?

nic0 said:
anyone know if its safe to update it when you have a ati HD5770 card ?

Seems safe, I have not experienced any problems in daily use after installing the upgrade.

Everything's OK now. Got the graphics update installed and used the new QE_CI_Exotic patch. All graphics are back and no more KPs.

Brilliant forum, this is.

Has anyone with a dual card setup applied this??

This is my experience.
When I updated from 10.6.3 (64) to 10.6.4 (32), cinebench 11.5 Opengl dropped from 13 to 3.8. In order to install the nvidia gtx285 update, I changed the computer model id from iMac 11,1 to MacPro 4,1 but although the update was successful, the open gl performance did not change. I then changed the model id to iMac 11.2 to attempt the mid 2010 Apple update. The update was unsuccessful but big surprise, the opengl score jumped to 13.5.
I have just installed the SL graphics update and the opengl score is now 14.8 but on reboot I got a message that Cuda 3.1.1 needed an update. This stuff is weird but compelling.

Robt

So, this has absolutely nothing to do with the 5xxx series cards, right?

Also, does the Smbios.plist need to read macpro in order to dl this?

It worked for me, as a NVIDIA user. After upgrading from 10.6.2 to 10.6.4, I had many Aperture problems before this patch : corrupted previews, corrupted exported files, software crashes. Now, it seems to be fully working !

work with crossfire 2x HD5770 still havent applied the QE_CI_Exotic patch yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back