Contribute
Register

Apple releases Snow Leopard Graphics Update 1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snow Leopard Graphics update - OUT NOW.

a NEW snow leopard graphics update available now - ANYONE INSTALLED YET.
Breaks anything??
Improves anything???

What's included?

The Snow Leopard Graphics Update contains stability and performance fixes for graphics applications and games:

Addresses frame rate issues occurring in Portal and Team Fortress 2 by Valve, on iMac (Late 2009 and Mid 2010), Mac mini (Early 2009 and Mid 2010), Mac Pro (Early 2009), MacBook (Early 2009 and Mid 2010) and MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2010) or MacBook Pro (17-inch, Mid 2010) models.
Resolves an issue that could cause Aperture 3, or StarCraft II by Blizzard, to unexpectedly quit or become unresponsive.
Resolves an image corruption issue that may occur when disconnecting and reconnecting external displays while the system is running.

mmmm this update install a new ati5000kext version 1.6.8.8...

Hi. I have the same problem as pbryanw. The update was installed and now all the card's features are hosed and I'm getting kernel panics too. There must be an issue with HD4890 cards in particular with this update.

That'll teach me.

Great news. Thanks for the post Tony.

Can't wait to try it. Still on the road. Back on the 24th.

Has anyone tried the update with nVidia 4xx series? Specifically GTX-470? Got my fingers crossed.

rabbit.

No problems (so far) on ATI HD 4870.
On other hand, would be surprised if there were since it's not a new card.

As with others, no significant change on Cinebench11; about 32fps with 3.2GHz overclock or 36fps if Turbo enabled also (compared with only around 26fps on stock 2.67GHz).

No games to check with :(

pacha02 said:
I have the same problem with 4890
but no kernel panic no reboot :rolleyes:
Netkas has now released a QE/CI patch for the new graphics update for 4890/4870x2 cards (4870/4850 don't need this). Get it from his web-site: http://netkas.org/

As I had re-installed the 10.6.4 netkas drivers, I thought I should re-install the Apple graphic update 1.0, then followed that with the new netkas patch. When installation is finished, the netkas patch asks you to log out. What you need to do instead is restart your PC, as a log-out/log-in isn't enough to get QE/CI working again.

Once I restarted my Hackintosh, QE/CI was then re-enabled, and I was able to play my Steam games again, and I got a good frame-rate boost in Half-life 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back