Contribute
Register

Apple releases Snow Leopard Graphics Update 1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Okay, I used iBoot ATI5xxxx-3 and installed Snow Leopard, 10.6.4 Combo-Update and the SL Graphics Update 1.0.
When I boot from iBoot ATI5xxx-3 everything would work fine, but after I installed EasyBeast (for unsupported CPUs), ATY_init and the ATI 5xxx kext, Graphics Enabler set to 'no' (all through the MultiBeast-Tool) the system wouldn't boot and reboots always.
It shows the bootloader, the apple logo appears and the screen goes black. Some seconds later the system reboots.
Any idea?

Should I edit the device ID for my graphic card in any list? Because the ASUS Matrix isn't a reference-model with stock-cooling and so on..

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I see that you have the 2GB eyefinity non reference card of the 5870, I had a look at www.netkas.org to see if there was any success with those cards however could not find anything of use.

Im sure there has to be a way to get around it ill have a dig around and see what i can find for you.

However since your card is non reference i would try adding the device id and trying veret and ukari frame buffers mate.

let us know how you get on

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H55M-USB3
CPU
i5-760
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
animeghost said:
MacMan said:
animeghost said:
After installing Snow Leopard Graphics Update 1.0, do we have to rebuild ATY_Init and ATI5xxx kexts again in Multibeast 2.1.4?
No
MacMan, thank you very much for the enlightenment.

It does not work after I installed this Snow Leopard Graphics Updated 1.0, I get distorted graphics after going into the Mac OS. I found out the ATI5000Controller kext by Apple does not contain the Product ID for the graphics card I used.

Motherboard
none currently
CPU
none
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
As others have noted. Tried unsuccessfully to get the my ATI Sapphire 5750 DDR5 with 1 Gb to work with my hacintosh. I did get OSX downloaded but was only getting 1028x720 resolution which was poor for my 24" ViewSonic. I ran Multibeast (2.3) after doing the update (10.6.4). [Yes I didn't restart till multibeast was finished]. Got the reboot successfully but picture still only 1028x720. I then ran SL Graphics update and everything froze. Could not boot. Got this "frozen" screen when trying to load OSx. At that point, after many hours of frustration, I gave up. I have an older nVidia 9400 by MSI that works perfectly, albeit not as good a processor and only 512mb of RAM. I had purchased the ATI 5750 because it's in some of iMac's and I figured their must be a way to make it work. Guess I was wrong. It's on Ebay now. Depending on what I get for it, I'll get more RAM or a better nVidia card perhaps. Unless you love persistant frustation, just check out what others have gotten and go with an nVidia card until someone who has the time and know-how figures out this ATI problem.

Hey- Anyone what to suggest which would be better for my system? 4 more Gb of RAM or a newer Graphics card?

Status
Not open for further replies.