RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
OS X Lion USB Thumb Drive

OS X Lion is the next major release of the Mac operating system and includes over 250 new features that will transform how you interact with your Mac. Tap, swipe, and scroll your way through your apps using fluid Multi-Touch gestures. Full-screen apps take advantage of every pixel of your display. Mission Control gives you a birds-eye view of everything running on your Mac and makes it easy to navigate anywhere with a click. Launchpad gives you instant access to all the apps on your Mac and a completely redesigned Mail app with powerful search and Conversations.

OS X Lion is available on a USB thumb drive for installation without the need for a broadband Internet connection. Just plug the drive into your USB port and follow the instructions to install. OS X Lion is also available for a lower price as a digital download from the Mac App Store.

MD256

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD256Z/A

Aha! Nice one!

Important Note
When you install OS X Lion using the USB thumb drive, you will not be able to reinstall OS X Lion from Lion Recovery. You will need to use the USB thumb drive to reinstall OS X Lion.

Hmm- so it's not using the recovery partition thingy at all- meaning it's probably looking much like xmove's Installer partition. :clap:

Good news for us. :headbang:

Items in Your Shipment
OS X LION FG-USB-INT 1
Part Number: MD256Z/A

Delivers by
Aug 19, 2011

I will be drinking Loin blood this weekend!! :twisted:

tonymacx86 said:
Aha! Nice one!

Important Note
When you install OS X Lion using the USB thumb drive, you will not be able to reinstall OS X Lion from Lion Recovery. You will need to use the USB thumb drive to reinstall OS X Lion.

Hmm- so it's not using the recovery partition thingy at all- meaning it's probably looking much like xmove's Installer partition. :clap:

Good news for us. :headbang:

This is all Chinese to me. :\

Would I be better off downloading it myself and putting it on a USB key or purchasing this thing?

Theoretically, this like the Retail DVD will allow users to install OS X via purchased media without access to internet or a Mac. We still need a method to boot it directly. I got mine today ! :D

OS X Lion USB Thumb Drives Start Arriving
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/08/ ... start.html

karacho said:
BTW, why buying that stick and pay again for Lion? We have paid for it before...are we able to make our own Install Thumb with xMove?

I'll try it and report back
I haven't gotten Lion yet and wanted a retail hard copy for down the road.
:)

Plus I heard that if you have the Golden Lion USB you get free rides in the UFO when it's built ;)

Here's what it looks like in Disk Utility and Terminal. Shows up as DVD- Apple Bootable media format, 8GB. :problem:

usb-diskutil.png

usb-term.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back