Contribute
Register

Apple Releases OS X El Capitan 'Golden Master' GM Candidate to Beta Testers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had success installing the GM through the App Store.
After download, open installer App and install.
Computer restarts - make sure to load the "Mac OS X Install on [drive name]"

I had the latest clover 3259 installed on my drive, but could not each the installer - just a solid white screen. So I put my original clover install usb (also has 3259 installed, but has 32-bit, 64-bit, mbr, etc. options), booted from usb, and loaded the install drive again. I had the same white screen before but it only lasted for maybe 1 minute before the installer opened.

Let the installer do its thing and restart, loading your regular El Capitan drive.

Reinstall audio.

It seems I can't even boot the El Cap GM installer using the current clover revision.

OSXAPTIPFIXDRV - Requested memory exceeds our allocated relocation block.

Any ideas?
I have exact same error (in verbose mode).

Ok, I found the solution for the Low Memory issue.

Get the Clover special edition from somewhere *ahem* and install the AptioFixv2 one, upgrading and deleting the old one.

That should work. It worked for my hack at home and for one hack at the office.

Installed without issues. Latest (issued for DP5/DP6) nVidia webdriver works as well (of course you have to use nv_disable for the installer to run).

I opened the App store but the El Capitan GM is always is gray and "downloaded". But there is no installer under the directory of Applications.

I never downloaded Public Beta and GM before. I only copied the PB6 full installer from my rMBP to the second hard disk.

Screen Shot 2015-09-10 at 5.45.06 PM.png

Tom

I opened the App store but the El Capitan GM is always is gray and "downloaded". But there is no installer under the directory of Applications.

I never downloaded Public Beta and GM before. I only copied the PB6 full installer from my rMBP to the second hard disk.

View attachment 150502

Tom

Tom, do you have any copies of previous beta's on any of your mounted drives? Same thing happened to me, until I moved my copy of "Install OS X El Capitan Public Beta" off of my drives. Relaunched App Store, and then the DL option was given to me:thumbup:

Tom, do you have any copies of previous beta's on any of your mounted drives? Same thing happened to me, until I moved my copy of "Install OS X El Capitan Public Beta" off of my drives. Relaunched App Store, and then the DL option was given to me:thumbup:
I have a copy of PB on my second drive. Do it matter? I have two hard drives.

Absolutely. After I deleted the PB full installer, I could download the GM from App Store. Strange, the PB full installer was located on 2nd hard drive, rather than the system drive.

Tom

Absolutely. After I deleted the PB full installer, I could download the GM from App Store. Strange, the PB full installer was located on 2nd hard drive, rather than the system drive.

Tom

It seems that it can be found on any drive. My copy was also located on a non "system" drive.

Glad it worked :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back