Contribute
Register

Apple Releases macOS Sierra 'Golden Master' GM Candidate to Beta Testers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a stable rig now, with no random flashing that i had sometimes with EL Capitan. All i did was;

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app --nointeraction to make install disk

Installed Clover on the USB disk with these parameters http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-create-a-macos-sierra-public-beta-installation-usb.195077/

replaced default config.plist on /EFI/CLOVER/ with config.plist-UEFI-iMac14,2.zip
added FakeSMC.kext & Realtek8111kext to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/other/

Once macOS installed on my SSD i installed clover onto the same SSD, copied FakeSMC.kext & Realtek8111kext again to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/other/ and ran toledo script for onboard sound.

Seems very smooth and FCPX works like a dream. Loving telling Siri what to do. Cheers to everyone involved!

Last edited:
Try to reinstall the web driver first, then repeat these steps in Terminal:
sudo nvram nvda_drv=1
nvram -x -p >nvram.plist
sudo mv ./nvram.plist /nvram.plist
sudo chmod 777 /nvram.plist
chflags hidden /nvram.plist

You can copy/paste each line, one at a time. The first time you put in the "sudo" command, you'll be prompted for your password. Just type it in as normal - you won't see anything moving in the terminal as you do this. Press enter and proceed to the next step.

Here's how to use Clover Configurator:
sudo mkdir /Volumes/EFI
diskutil list

Locate the EFI partition. It will say EFI EFI. Look in the IDENTIFIER column and enter the below command based on the value in that column:
sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/EFI

Next, launch Clover Configurator and do these steps:

Grey boxes are "enabled"/installed.

I hope this works for you!

Did every single step exactly. No use. It booted back the way it was. The web driver does not recognize my card, it shows all four slots as empty even though it shows up in system report. Cant watch videos either (VLC/youtube, any)

Has anyone tried this yet? Wanted to know if the NVIDIA Drivers work.

Jush have installed from scratch. It looks like there is no need for nVidia Web Drivers. But the drivers compatible with the latest macOS Sierra beta should be compatibla also with GM.

Did every single step exactly. No use. It booted back the way it was. The web driver does not recognize my card, it shows all four slots as empty even though it shows up in system report. Cant watch videos either (VLC/youtube, any)
I've an nVidia GTX 750ti, and it is not supported natively so I need to install the Alternate Web Drivers; until now, the latest web drivers didn't work on the GM. Must wait, and in the meantime, you can use any intet integrated card (if you can)

Update to Sierra GM, and once again everything went well in my x99 system. As always, it was what I expected. Just had to edit AppleGraphicsControl.kext and wi-fi
wink.png

I have done experiments in clover in order to "lose weight it" and I am surprised with the result. At this point, with Sierra my system boots always the first time without any KP and restarts, even without nullcpupm, fakecpuid, tscsync, SSDT... now in clover has only the basic and essential for the proper functioning of devices :headbang:

Attachments

• Captura de ecrã 2016-09-12%2c às 21.56.47.png
    Captura de ecrã 2016-09-12%2c às 21.56.47.png
    981.5 KB · Views: 305
  • Captura de ecrã 2016-09-12%2c às 21.59.00.png
    Captura de ecrã 2016-09-12%2c às 21.59.00.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 301
  • Captura de ecrã 2016-09-12%2c às 21.59.29.png
    Captura de ecrã 2016-09-12%2c às 21.59.29.png
    944.6 KB · Views: 302
  • Captura de ecrã 2016-09-12%2c às 22.00.34.png
    Captura de ecrã 2016-09-12%2c às 22.00.34.png
    827.3 KB · Views: 302
  • Captura de ecrã 2016-09-12%2c às 22.01.12.png
    Captura de ecrã 2016-09-12%2c às 22.01.12.png
    408.7 KB · Views: 254
Update to Sierra GM, and once again everything went well in my x99 system. As always, it was what I expected. Just had to edit AppleGraphicsControl.kext and wi-fi
wink.png

I have done experiments in clover in order to "lose weight it" and I am surprised with the result. At this point, with Sierra my system boots always the first time without any KP and restarts, even without nullcpupm, fakecpuid, tscsync, SSDT... now in clover has only the basic and essential for the proper functioning of devices :headbang:
do you enable emuvariableuefi-64.efi in clover?

I've an nVidia GTX 750ti, and it is not supported natively so I need to install the Alternate Web Drivers; until now, the latest web drivers didn't work on the GM. Must wait, and in the meantime, you can use any intet integrated card (if you can)
IS there a reference list for whats natively supported and whats not? Because I saw post of someone saying his/her GTX 650 is natively supported whereas you say the higher 750 is not. I have 610 that did not need any drivers in el capitan. Also my macbook pro has 450 which did not require drivers which I attributed to "apple" privilege

IS there a reference list for whats natively supported and whats not? Because I saw post of someone saying his/her GTX 650 is natively supported whereas you say the higher 750 is not. I have 610 that did not need any drivers in el capitan. Also my macbook pro has 450 which did not require drivers which I attributed to "apple" privilege
I really don't know. You can find here a lot of post of people with their hardware and how compatible are.
On InsanelyMac, I've found a nice wiki page with information of the original apple's hardware: http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Apple_hardware

Last edited:

The latest driver is working fine for me (except that I have to set Accessibility/Display/Reduce transparency). :)

do you enable emuvariableuefi-64.efi in clover?

Yes and even not knowing whether it was necessary or not, also installed RC scripts on the target volume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back