Contribute
Register

Apple Releases macOS Sierra 'Golden Master' GM Candidate to Beta Testers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q

It only works from the Mac store on real macs. You have to download the install app and follow the guide on this forum it's in the Guides section at the top of the page, Sierra 10.12. You will need a USB 8gb minimum, it's the same process as installing El Capitan. You need a clean partitioned disk, and a USB stick. Unfortunately, this is not like an update, but once you're in updates have been pretty smooth in the beta program.
Not so... If you're running Clover, download from MAS and run it. On the first reboot and in the Clover GUI choose "boot from osxSierra Installer", follow the prompts. On the next reboot choose your OSX drive and you should good...

Q

It only works from the Mac store on real macs. You have to download the install app and follow the guide on this forum it's in the Guides section at the top of the page, Sierra 10.12. You will need a USB 8gb minimum, it's the same process as installing El Capitan. You need a clean partitioned disk, and a USB stick. Unfortunately, this is not like an update, but once you're in updates have been pretty smooth in the beta program.

Worked fine for me, download via App Store, install and reboot. No USB or clean install needed if you want top upgrade

Q means correct? Thanks very much! Installing now.
Not so... If you're running Clover, download from MAS and run it. On the first reboot and in the Clover GUI choose "boot from osxSierra Installer", follow the prompts. On the next reboot choose your OSX drive and you should good...
Worked fine for me, download via App Store, install and reboot. No USB or clean install needed if you want top upgrade
Do not forget to put 10.12 folder and fakesmc under clover/ kexts !!!

I made the mistake last year when installing 10.11

Q means correct? Thanks very much! Installing now.
Do not forget to put 10.12 folder and fakesmc under clover/ kexts !!!
I made the mistake last year when installing 10.11
You wouldn't/don't have to do that if you put all your kext the the "Other" folder... The Other folder is the first kext folder that Clover reads so unless you're doing something like running multiple OS's that require different kext there's no reason to put them anywhere else..

You wouldn't/don't have to do that if you put all your kext the the "Other" folder... The Other folder is the first kext folder that Clover reads so unless you're doing something like running multiple OS's that require different kext there's no reason to put them anywhere else..
great tip. didn't know that before. thanks again.

I can confirm this works.

Can someone, please, post the Terminal command to make the installation usb drive? Is it the same as in the beta?

Can someone, please, post the Terminal command to make the installation usb drive? Is it the same as in the beta?
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/ but you will need to change from el capitan to the name of the installer in your applications folder

Code:
sudo "/Applications/Install OS X El Capitan.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia" --volume  /Volumes/install_osx --applicationpath "/Applications/Install OS X El Capitan.app" --nointeraction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back