Contribute
Register

Apple Releases macOS Sierra 'Golden Master' GM Candidate to Beta Testers

Status
Not open for further replies.
When installing the GM, the installer gets stuck at busy timeout[0], (240s), kextd wait(0): 'AppleACPICPU' then after awhile it goes to busy timeout[1] ... and gets stuck there. Do y'all have any solutions? Do I put the fakesmc etc in my efi's efi/kexts/other folder like when we installed Sierra at the beginning?
Using Clover r3726, for whatever reason when I booted in verbose, it would never boot into the GUI and would just hang. I had to boot with the normally (with whatever flags needed to boot).

Only boot flags I needed to boot 10.12 installer were rootless=0 and nv_disable=1 to temp disable NVIDIA graphics. Nothing else, not even kext-dev-mode=1.

a 'Gold Master' is usually the final release, I would assume this would be case with this too?

Using Clover r3726, for whatever reason when I booted in verbose, it would never boot into the GUI and would just hang. I had to boot with the normally (with whatever flags needed to boot).

Only boot flags I needed to boot 10.12 installer were rootless=0 and nv_disable=1 to temp disable NVIDIA graphics. Nothing else, not even kext-dev-mode=1.

Unfortunately that didn't work for me. I got 3/4 or more of the way through and gets stuck and has the spinning wheel of death lol.

a 'Gold Master' is usually the final release, I would assume this would be case with this too?

I would assume so. On the Apple email, it said final release candidate.

Ok, I did multiple stuff so idk what fixed it but I removed the AppleHDA audio stuff and I removed the SKL HD 530 stuff (wasn't working anyway). I also added FakeSMC, NullPowerManagement, and Ethernet to my efi's kext/other folder.

beta.apple.com> sign in> enroll>get gm appstore reedem code. Download.

Thank you :) - that worked well, took all of 15 seconds to sign in (forms pre-filled, of course), enroll, copy Mac App Store redemption URL and paste into Safari to auto-launch Mac App Store and trigger download. I am constantly backing up my computers using "CloneZilla", so it's no problem if this borks my machine, I just wipe and re-image... all back to El Cap in 25 mins flat! :D

Thank you again, God bless you.

Just installed Sierra GM, shouldn't there be another version number in brackets after 'Version 10.12'? i.e. 16A320

It does say macOS 10.12 (16A320) via System Report.

Attachments

• SierraGM.jpg
    SierraGM.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 360
Just installed Sierra GM, shouldn't there be another version number in brackets after 'Version 10.12'? i.e. 16A320

It does say macOS 10.12 (16A320) via System Report.
It will show if you click on it.

Ok, I did multiple stuff so idk what fixed it but I removed the AppleHDA audio stuff and I removed the SKL HD 530 stuff (wasn't working anyway). I also added FakeSMC, NullPowerManagement, and Ethernet to my efi's kext/other folder.

This.

I was also getting the grey screen of death... For some reason I didn't have the FakeSMC and NullPowerManagement kexts in the Other folder. Added them, and the installer booted right up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back