Contribute
Register

Apple Releases macOS High Sierra 'Golden Master' GM Candidate to Beta Testers

Status
Not open for further replies.
attached cofig.plis
Please help
Thanks
plist looks ok. Clover should be using its own values. Verify your Clover is r4200 or newer for the most recent platform data. This post suggests that the installation be started from scratch by running the 'Install macOS' app, every time you get that error.

Attachments

• config.plist
    10.8 KB · Views: 257
There's a guide here, don't know about simple and clear though. Edit: I cleared it up

Vulgo,

Your guide worked just fine and my High Sierra SSD is now APFS. This was a good practice run for when I upgrade to High Sierra on my main computer. :) Thank you!

I remember that this has been asked and answered, I just can't find it anywhere. What to do if I got wrong installer size? from the App Store it looks calculating then downloading and few second after, it finished. But nothing happen when I try to install. Of course I delete previous "Install macOS High Sierra Beta.app" (beta4) from /Applications before downloading it.

I remember that this has been asked and answered, I just can't find it anywhere. What to do if I got wrong installer size? from the App Store it looks calculating then downloading and few second after, it finished. But nothing happen when I try to install. Of course I delete previous "Install macOS High Sierra Beta.app" (beta4) from /Applications before downloading it.

I believe you have to download and launch the macOSPublicBetaAccessUtility.dmg which will open app store and provide latest beta download available. You can Google it but think you have go login into your beta account...

I believe you have to download and launch the macOSPublicBetaAccessUtility.dmg which will open app store and provide latest beta download available...
I did but it doesn't help.

Improved performances in any area in the GM?

Installed ok, everything still working except my SSDT-USB, works under Sierra but not so much under High Sierra. HS installed to it's own APFS partition, using confg.plist from Sierra install, same clover EFI partition.

Duh! Thanks, it is missing from that location but is installed in Sierra L/E so that's why it works there. Feeling dumb now :banghead:

Edit: That was it! I had made a second partition on my SSD, Sierra partition stayed HFS+, HS partition converted to APFS upon install. Have not needed to use --beta for lilu or AppleALC kexts, everything seems to be running great at this time (so far)!
No black screen issue
No sleep issues
No sound issues!

Last edited:
No luck using Radeon HD 7750. Went back to my Radeon HD 6670 for now.

Installed to my Intel 320 SSD. Had issues using APFS, after install I had kernel crash. Backtrace crash similar to some others mentioned. Safe booted, deleted all old kexts from system, rebooted using Rehabman's Clover fork r4210 and -f.

Issues: after upgrade, no login screen, just mouse pointer and black background. Followed some advice online and
rm -f /Library/Preferences/com.apple.loginwindow.plist
rm -f /var/db/.AppleUpgrade
(single user mode obviously)

That got it working but it didn't seem stable. System crashed and beachballed a bit. Maybe I did something wrong, or had incompatible programs (not clean install, upgrade).

So, installed to my SSD using USB adapter which kept HFS+. Installed using Mac Pro 6,1 smbios, then went back to 5,1 again (not sure if 6,1 is needed anymore, installer didn't warn about firmware upgrade).

Issues: after upgrade, again no login screen, just mouse pointer and black background. Followed advice online and
rm -f /Library/Preferences/com.apple.loginwindow.plist (backed it up first)
rm -f /var/db/.AppleUpgrade

Logged in, restored loginwindow.plist, reinstalled sound using command130 from Realtek AppleHDA-thread.

System now seems stable, will evaluate for a week or two and then decide to keep High Sierra or return temporarily to Sierra. Will not use APFS until more stable (and I see little use of it at the moment)

Last edited:
Had some minor issues with nn-compatible kexts but figured it out...

GM installed on desktop with APFS. Running nicely. Under 20 seconds from button pressed to login-screen.

Geekbench gives me
5891 20825

That is by far the best multi-core score I have ever gotten. On 12.6 I rarely got over 19000 (6700K OC to 4.6 all cores, with PM)
AJA Lite outputs 900/2100 write/read on my NVMe 950 Pro. No SSDT add-on or kext needed..
No kext patches needed for the Broadcom WiFi but still need FakePCIID and BCRMFirmware and ROM kexts.

VDADecoderChecker:
GVA info: Successfully connected to the Intel plugin, offline Gen9
Hardware acceleration is fully supported

List of all kexts I need:
AppleALC
BrcmFirmwareRepo
BrcmPatchRAM2
FakePCIID_Broadcom
FakePCIID
IntelMauseEthernet
Lilu
Shiki
USBInjectAll
WhateverGreen

Considering four of those are for WiFi only, that's a quite small list of kexts needed...

Ran into issues on the laptop though, but that's another story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back