Contribute
Register

Apple Releases macOS High Sierra 'Golden Master' GM Candidate to Beta Testers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see a lot of instructions on how to do this but none are simple and clear.
There's a guide here, don't know about simple and clear though. Edit: I cleared it up

Last edited:
Suggestions include temporarily disconnecting any Windows-formatted disks, and setting your firmware revision via Clover Configurator and config.plist to a newer firmware version so the firmware check sees "up to date firmware" and skips this piece.

changed the system definition and
disconnect windows hard drive
but still have error

any idea?

changed the system definition and
disconnect windows hard drive
but still have error

any idea?
Update Clover + update Clover Configurator. Remove BiosVersion, BiosReleaseDate, FirmwareFeatures, FirmwareFeaturesMask from your config. Use the correct system definition for your hardware.

There's a guide here, don't know about simple and clear though. Edit: I cleared it up

Vulgo,

You did clean it up and the instructions are much clearer. Thank you!

apfs.efi is located in the BaseSystem.dmg image of the Install MAC OS X High Sierra Beta.app or created USB installation media, path /usr/standalone/i386, or from another Mac running latest GM, same path.

You can put it in EFI partition with Windows, Recovery tools, LiveLinux CD whatever. Use Google or internal search function, a lot of questions already being asked from Others, and finding solution just 4 words Google and first or second link.
Difficulties and challenges make you become a better Hackintosher.... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
It is located in the Installation app
/Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra\ Beta.app/Contents/SharedSupport/BaseSystem.dmg -> /usr/standalone/i386/apfs.efi

I see a very no go subject here. look my friend, life is very hard and the most important thing is that you must believe in yourself to go on and find your way by yourself, is not bad to ask for suggestion once or maybe twice but the most important is what you want depends 100% on you, it doesn't matter if you spend nights and nights trying till you eyes pain, because all what you are doing is for you, only you. Then the taste of glory will be very sweet as you cannot imagine especially when you know that you achieved your goal all alone with your pure mind power.
A life lesson for free.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back