CPU
E3-1241v3
Graphics
GT 740
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
There was no option to change the HFS+ to APFS, probably because it is installed on a spinning platter HDD rather than a SSD.

There is a reverse problem. You also don't have the option to opt out of APFS when the High Sierra GM is installed on an SSD. I innocently thought that since the SSD was already running High Sierra using HFS+ I wouldn't have to confront this issue. But nooooooo! I finished the installation, rebooted, and Clover couldn't see High Sierra because the drive was now APFS. My solution was to install the HS GM on my backup HDD, partition the SSD back to HFS+, and clone from the HDD to SSD using Carbon Copy Cloner. The upshot is that a step-by-step process will be needed for many users (like me) on how to install using the App Store so that the APFS.efi is in the right place prior to installing so that Clover can see the APFS drive after installation. I see a lot of instructions on how to do this but none are simple and clear.

That said, HS GM is running just fine on my simple EconoMac II (now) and everything works. :)

Motherboard
MSI H81i
CPU
i5-4570
Graphics
RX 580
I see a lot of instructions on how to do this but none are simple and clear.
There's a guide here, don't know about simple and clear though. Edit: I cleared it up

Last edited:
Motherboard
Prime X299 Edition 30
CPU
I9-10900X
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Suggestions include temporarily disconnecting any Windows-formatted disks, and setting your firmware revision via Clover Configurator and config.plist to a newer firmware version so the firmware check sees "up to date firmware" and skips this piece.

changed the system definition and
disconnect windows hard drive
but still have error

any idea?

Motherboard
MSI H81i
CPU
i5-4570
Graphics
RX 580
changed the system definition and
disconnect windows hard drive
but still have error

any idea?
Update Clover + update Clover Configurator. Remove BiosVersion, BiosReleaseDate, FirmwareFeatures, FirmwareFeaturesMask from your config. Use the correct system definition for your hardware.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H
CPU
E3-1241v3
Graphics
GT 740
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
There's a guide here, don't know about simple and clear though. Edit: I cleared it up

Vulgo,

You did clean it up and the instructions are much clearer. Thank you!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
MSI Radeon RX 5700XT Evoke + UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
apfs.efi is located in the BaseSystem.dmg image of the Install MAC OS X High Sierra Beta.app or created USB installation media, path /usr/standalone/i386, or from another Mac running latest GM, same path.

You can put it in EFI partition with Windows, Recovery tools, LiveLinux CD whatever. Use Google or internal search function, a lot of questions already being asked from Others, and finding solution just 4 words Google and first or second link.
Difficulties and challenges make you become a better Hackintosher.... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Motherboard
GA-Z77X-D3H 1.1
CPU
Intel Core I5 3570K @4.2GHz
Graphics
GTX 770 4GB OC
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
It is located in the Installation app
/Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra\ Beta.app/Contents/SharedSupport/BaseSystem.dmg -> /usr/standalone/i386/apfs.efi

Motherboard
Asus ROG Z590-i Gaming
CPU
i9-11900K
Graphics
RX 6900XT
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I see a very no go subject here. look my friend, life is very hard and the most important thing is that you must believe in yourself to go on and find your way by yourself, is not bad to ask for suggestion once or maybe twice but the most important is what you want depends 100% on you, it doesn't matter if you spend nights and nights trying till you eyes pain, because all what you are doing is for you, only you. Then the taste of glory will be very sweet as you cannot imagine especially when you know that you achieved your goal all alone with your pure mind power.
A life lesson for free.

Last edited:

kylebourne

Banned
CPU
i5 6600
Graphics
Nvdia 1060
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I agree, it works, much better indeed. Upgraded to High Sierra GM 17A362a on APFS - no problems - It is working in all respects except video because Nvidia has as yet not released new drivers for High Sierra. I am using the Sierra 10.12.6 Nvidia drivers, "hacked" to work with High Sierra. Not optimal, but better than nothing.

Greets
wait I dont suppose you'd mind uploading some footage of you using your hacked web drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.