Contribute
Register

Apple Releases iMacs with Skylake CPUs, Magic Keyboard, Magic Mouse 2 and Magic Trackpad 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lack of TB3 seems really odd. However, seeing as there is no wild TB3 devices as of yet I guess it makes some sort of sense. Just wish they would have included it and not left out a generation of machine that is technically capable of it.

Lack of TB3 seems really odd. However, seeing as there is no wild TB3 devices as of yet I guess it makes some sort of sense. Just wish they would have included it and not left out a generation of machine that is technically capable of it.

It's Apple. Since Intel extended it's release cycle for CPUs, what reason will Apple tell its customers next year to upgrade. Why, of course, USB 3.1 with type-C connector and TB3.

Perhaps it has something to do with the lower-end motherboard option that uses DDR3. Recall that when looking at Z77, Z87, Z97 and X99 motherboards cheaper boards typically didn't have a "TB_Header" thus removing them from contention for Thunderbolt support.

ThunderBolt 3 was presumably going to use USB-C as its connection interface mechanism rather then Mini DisplayPort. Do these new iMacs have USB-C and USB 3.1,.....?

Edit:

Or perhaps Apple is thinking of making a break from Thunderbolt,.....?

LOL, yea, let me drop $1500 on a new computer with a 5400rpm hard drive.

No thanks Apple.

That is exactly the reason why I intend to build a hackintosh. Apple's pricing and out of date hardware just gets ridiculous.

Apple has released a set of computers that run on Intel's newest 6th generation Skylake cpu. How long will it be before there is Hackintoish support? Has anyone tried with a skylake cpu on beta El Capitan(10.11.1)due to this probably being written for support for Skylake? Will the cpu be able to be used at full capacity? Will 4k graphics be supported with onboard graphics which according to Intel is possible when being used in pc? Thank You all for you input on this subject!

Apple has released a set of computers that run on Intel's newest 6th generation Skylake cpu. How long will it be before there is Hackintoish support? Has anyone tried with a skylake cpu on beta El Capitan(10.11.1)due to this probably being written for support for Skylake? Will the cpu be able to be used at full capacity? Will 4k graphics be supported with onboard graphics which according to Intel is possible when being used in pc? Thank You all for you input on this subject!

So many questions, yet so few answers. :think:

It's all a matter of wait and see for now.

Since the 21' iMac will be running Broadwell, does that mean the next update will have native Broadwell support as well?

Would be nice to move to the multi-core processors.

LOL, yea, let me drop $1500 on a new computer with a 5400rpm hard drive.

No thanks Apple.

That is exactly the reason why I intend to build a hackintosh. Apple's pricing and out of date hardware just gets ridiculous.

5,400 RPM isn't out of date in any means. It's just more energy efficient and quieter. That's why Apple uses them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back