Contribute
Register

Apple Releases iMacs with Skylake CPUs, Magic Keyboard, Magic Mouse 2 and Magic Trackpad 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Tony for the update
Only "32GB 1867MHz DDR3 SDRAM - four 8GB"
And DDR4 and the 64GB???
Someone knows something ??

DDR3 (32GB max) is only supported in certain budget LGA 1151 motherboards. Seems as if Apple's custom board for the iMac is one of these. Most of the new boards support DDR4 only- which can use a max 64GB RAM.

DDR3 (32GB max) is only supported in certain budget LGA 1151 motherboards. Seems as if Apple's custom board for the iMac is one of these. Most of the new boards support DDR4 only- which can use a max 64GB RAM.

Thanks for the reply Tony,
But, if on the update to 10.11.1 it have Skylake CPU support, you think that the new system is only to support 32 GB, or you think that depend, only of the boards that support DDR4 and can use a max 64GB RAM.

Sorry, but i am new in all this

Looks like I might be upgrading to Skylake. :thumbup:

The new keyboard is not the same as the MacBook's. It uses the scissor style instead of the butterfly, but it has the stability improvements and less travel.

I was kinda excited to upgrade my Magic Trackpad to have Force Touch. Plus the new accessories have rechargeable internal batteries now, much less of a hassle then AA batteries (even rechargeable). But then I noticed the price... Holy cow... It's $99 for the keyboard and $129 for the trackpad! Yikes!

i7 6700k ? or only i7 6700

Wondering if the inclusion of R9 discrete graphics will mark the end of the sleep/wake problems people are having with Radeon cards in El Capitan...

The GPUs are basically the same as in last years model, so I don't think Apple had to tweak much on the software side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back