Apple-recommended AMD Graphics Cards for eGPU Use - macOS High Sierra 10.13.4+

Sapphire Pulse RX580 worked almost out-of-box here
  • display not waking up, fixed with Radeon de-init DSDT patch
  • no HDMI audio, fixed with HDMI audio properties injector kext

Sapphire Pulse RX580 worked almost out-of-box here
  • display not waking up, fixed with Radeon de-init DSDT patch
  • no HDMI audio, fixed with HDMI audio properties injector kext

Could you please be more specific?
How to fix sleep with deinit and DSDT ??
What kext was needed to fix audio?
Post links ?
Thanks

The DSDT patch is detailed here. It's been incorporated into Clover as RadeonDeInit:
Code:
<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
    <key>RadeonDeInit</key>
    <true/>
</dict>
I use this kext for injecting the properties - you could use AppleUSBMergeNub, SSDT, Clover arbitrary device properties, other method. For a guide see Apple HDMI Audio Guide.

Post links ?
Thanks
I'm using the Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB card w/o using the Deinit, DSDT nor the Luli, etc., kexts. Works great! However, I'm only using a single monitor. Dual monitors may require the kexts.

Although not on the recommended list, the MSI Vega 56 Air Boost also works without RadeonDeInit or any additional kexts.

Now the official recommended list also includes PowerColor. Has anyone here tested their graphics cards?

I have Sapphire Radeon RX 570 4GB, worked out of the box. However there is very strange bug in Safari. On some pages it can freeze for a while or completely so one must do hard reset. I have found that being on Facebook is causing lots of freezing. Any ideas?

I have Sapphire Radeon RX 570 4GB, worked out of the box. However there is very strange bug in Safari. On some pages it can freeze for a while or completely so one must do hard reset. I have found that being on Facebook is causing lots of freezing. Any ideas?
Facebook reeks havoc with Safari and I haven't upgraded my graphics card yet (RX 580 Pulse arriving tomorrow). Still running an old EVGA GeForce GTX 560 2048 MB with Sierra.

This might help. In Safari turn on the Debug menu. Debug --> Drawing/Compositing Flags --> select "Disable full page accelerated drawing". You might need to experiment a little selecting other settings in the Drawing/Compositing Flags menu.

Back