Contribute
Register

Apple Previews macOS 12 Monterey - Available Fall 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently windows on ARM does support x86 32bit it does not support 64bit. However, windows 11 is said to provide 64bit emulation for windows on arm. You can also run Linux on M1 already.

Parallels in my opinion is better then Vbox and VMWare. M1 is less than 1 year old give it time, if your income depends intel then stick with intel by the time you are forced to change lots more will work. From what I understand Apple has made it tremendously easy for programers to create universal apps that run on both x86/64 and M1 and that is currently the encouraged route from apple.
I have to work on x86 Windows version not the ARM Windows version. There is no way to run x86 Windows on M1 Silicon Chip as the UTMS Virtual Box is dead too slow. If you were to run ARM Windows 10 version it will not work at all on the program which you want to run on x86 Windows platform. The Software Developer will not release the ARM Windows 10 version to run on it.

Whatever Mac apps that don't work right on Apple Silicon will have to be updated or be discontinued. There's no way around it. What apps are you worried about? Rosetta 2 seems to be pretty amazing.

Which pen test apps are you using that doesn't work?

There are a million different versions of Linux that run on Arm. I wouldn't worry about that.

Both vmWare and Parallels are working on Apple Silicon versions of their virtualization software. But this will only allow you to run Arm virtual machines.

You can run x86 apps on Windows On Arm.

Have you even tried running stuff with Rosetta 2 or are you just worried about a lot of hypotheticals?

View attachment 522252
Come to find out that ARM Base Linux software runs but some software that runs natively on Intel will not work on ARM base Linux.

I have to work on x86 Windows version not the ARM Windows version. There is no way to run x86 Windows on M1 Silicon Chip as the UTMS Virtual Box is dead too slow. If you were to run ARM Windows 10 version it will not work at all on the program which you want to run on x86 Windows platform. The Software Developer will not release the ARM Windows 10 version to run on it.
I can not comment on speed but Windows 10 on ARM emulates x32 and windows 11 on arm will emulate x64. Like I said in my post:

M1 is less than 1 year old give it time, if your income depends intel then stick with intel by the time you are forced to change lots more will work.

Come to find out that ARM Base Linux software runs but some software that runs natively on Intel will not work on ARM base Linux.

Of course there will be apps that don't run right. The same can be said for Arm apps on X86. If there are no equivalents for the apps you need then the choice is obvious, just stick with an X86 system.

The Apple Silicon Macs are not for everyone. No product on earth fits everyone's needs. If pen testing is your primary concern, you should be on a machine running Kali anyway. Use what works for you. I don't know what the argument is.

Public beta is out.

Leopard to Mountain Lion was 5 years.
Correct. Almost 5 years.
Mac OS X Leopard was released on October 26, 2007.
OS X Mountain Lion was released on July 25, 2012

Here are the Macs that are compatible with Universal Control:

• 2016 and later MacBook Pro
  • 2016 and later MacBook
  • 2018 and later MacBook Air
  • 2017 and later iMac
  • Late 2015 and later 27-inch iMac
  • iMac Pro
  • 2018 and later Mac mini
  • 2019 and later Mac Pro
Here are the iPads that are compatible:

• iPad Pro
  • 3rd generation and later iPad Air
  • 6th generation and later iPad
  • 5th generation and later iPad mini
Other requirements:

• All devices must be signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID using two-factor authentication.
  • For wireless connectivity, all devices must have Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and Handoff turned on and within 30 feet of each other.
  • iPad and Mac cannot be sharing a cellular and internet connection.
  • For USB connections, you must trust your Mac on the iPad.

link
I don't care about UniversalControl anyways, I doubt that this list is complete,
why would they release a new OS and do not support their latest Mac's?

It would be stupid imo, but who knows :)

I have tested MacOS Monterey beta 2 on my Mac and please take note that it crashes my SSD Hard Disk, the SSD somehow get corrupted with Vmware Fusion 12 and VirtualBox 6.1.22 is not compatilble to run including VirtualBox 6.1.3. This is confirmed.

I have tested MacOS Monterey beta 2 on my Mac and please take note that it crashes my SSD Hard Disk, the SSD somehow get corrupted with Vmware Fusion 12 and VirtualBox 6.1.22 is not compatilble to run including VirtualBox 6.1.3. This is confirmed.
I been running it on my hack every day since it came out, I know do not install beta OS on your daily driver. I installed the second public beta a few days ago no issues. Seems like I made the right choice long ago to use Parallels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back