Contribute
Register

Apple Previews macOS 11.0 Big Sur - Available Fall 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you assume that?
I'm running a Ivy Bridge hackintosh, currently with an iMac 2013 profile. But I kinda do expect to bump that up to 2014 when necessary.
Yeah same here running ivy bridge 2013 imac.. hope it still supported a big sur, cross finger hehehe

I was looking into all those laptops with qualcomm cpu as Lenovo Yoga C630, Lenovo Mixx 630, HP Envy x2 or ASUS NovaGo TP370QL, there is a Huawei too with same cpu which possibly can be used, also a lot of smartphones use arm cpus, maybe this is a new door for hackintosh. There are a lot of other ARM based chromebooks from different manufacturers too, but those mentioned can boot linux too beside windows, well at least some kind of linux :)

I wonder if this big ben sur already support arm devices, have multiple binaries? Did anyone had a look?

The Late 2013 iMac seems to have better graphics too
Yes, the 27" models have Nvidia dedicated Nvidia GT 755M or 775M graphics and the 2.9 GHz i5 versions (21.5") have a GeForce GT 750M graphics processor with 1GB of GDDR5 memory. The 2013 15" MBP that is supported has the same GT 750M GPU. Doesn't make sense to drop the 2013 iMac models.

Last edited:
I was looking into all those laptops with qualcomm cpu as Lenovo Yoga C630, Lenovo Mixx 630, HP Envy x2 or ASUS NovaGo TP370QL, there is a Huawei too with same cpu which possibly can be used.
The Apple A series chips and the new variants for Macs are completely different than what you'd find in any of the devices mentioned. It's not the same scenario as with an Intel CPU that all the different PC desktop and laptop makers use. Apple pays ARM a licensing fee but that's about it. All the chip design is custom, created by the chip engineers in Israel that work just for them. A qualcomm CPU won't be equivalent to what Apple puts in new Apple Silicon Macs. This is why they never mentioned ARM once at WWDC 2020.

The Apple A series chips and the new variants for Macs are completely different than what you'd find in any of the devices mentioned. It's not the same as an Intel CPU that all the different PC desktop and laptop makers use. Apple pays ARM a licensing fee but that's about it. All the chip design is custom, created by the chip engineers that work for them.
Yeah, indeed, some parts are different/proprietary, but this does not mean will not work, at least partially should, if it has binaries for ARM Aarch64 then will run directly, and hardware initialization can be done under lxc, however, as long as we do not know what will be is in vane to wonder if will work or not.

So, anybody had a look? Contain the arm binaries or not yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
tim cook doesn’t know what he is doing

if people are smart , they will not buy another intel mac because that mac will be obsolete soon

they should wait untill apple releases the mac with their silicone cpu, that way that mac will have support for more years compared to the intel based mac

so what this means
apple or should i say mr cook shoot himself on the foot

we can see a decline in apple sales
excellent job mr cook
not only do you destroyed mac os
you also screw your costumers or loyal mac os fans and you also screwed apple company

i think is time for you to go

Boy are you wrong! This move is going to make Mac sales go through the roof. It may **** off alot of old school users but it's going to bring in tons of new users to the Mac. Apple is doing everything right. You'll see.

Hi! I work with macOS Sierra, After Effects 2018 and Ai, I buy this computer in December 2013, maybe in 2021 I will changed, I love hackintosh!

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2020-07-22 a la(s) 11.38.46.png
    Captura de pantalla 2020-07-22 a la(s) 11.38.46.png
    96.1 KB · Views: 140
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back