Contribute
Register

Apple Previews macOS 11.0 Big Sur - Available Fall 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah. The Atari 520 ST+... At some point I even had an Apple rom board that went into the side, I think.
The floppy drives were its weak point. And the monitors would break, but were fairly easy to repair.

I used a Sony Multisync that was capable of supporting both the color resolution and the monochrome resolution. ;)

Remember it was only really really fast one way - 1200/75

Yup. I remember the "piggy-backing" of RAM to expand memory.

Upgrading TOS meant having to purchase a set of ROMs directly from Atari.

1200 and 2400 baud Hayes modems connecting to BBSes... Great memories.

I even had 300 baud modem and connected with expensive CompuServe in the early 80's. I used to run largest PCBoard BBS in southeatern Virginia.

I even had 300 baud modem and connected with expensive CompuServe in the early 80's. I used to run largest PCBoard BBS in southeatern Virginia.

I ran one called Palace ATASCII on Forum and later MichTron.

Some members are quite old on TonymacX86... ;)
My first computer was a Commodore 64!

Good old days, those of the Commodore 64.
I remember using the external doors to drive a series of stepper motors mounted on a rudimentary tool made with DIY tools. How many years have passed before seeing the first 3d printer....
I remember always confronting a friend of mine who had chosen the way of the Sinclair ZX Spectrum with the Z80 ...
Then from 64 I went to Amiga 2000, I felt I was on another planet ... :)
After the Amiga I took the Intel route on: the first was a 286 and then I lost count up to here ... yes Windows has few secret...:crazy:
But still I face this world with the same spirit of discovery for each novelty and for each one I get excited as at the arrival of the 64...:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back