Contribute
Register

Apple Previews macOS 11.0 Big Sur - Available Fall 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh! Surface Pro X might be Hackintosh vNext.

Well, If ARM are that great in the future, maybe it will be put into PC/windows too, then no problem.

Last edited:
trying out Skins
me too :) I even tried windows blinds , but was all to cumbersome.
If you fonda way drop me a line :)

Here theses are useful:
https://www.wintools.info/index.php/advanced-system-font-changer
Change font to lucida grande or similar

Mouse wheel acceleration, works quite good, i hope MS will integrate that option in future.
you can nudge either one line or just give it a spin

Best free email client I found under Windows which looks OK (still white glitches in dark mode)

Please use teh feedback hup and serach dor darkmode white flashes / glitches and vote :)

Well, If ARM are that great in the future, maybe it will be put into PC/windows too, then no problem.

@vincerutabaga,

Highly unlikely, Apple,Silicon is not just an ARM processor but a SOC (System On Chip) that includes additional Apple exclusive hardware sub-components such as GPU's, Neural Engines, Memory controllers, Apples Bionic Engine, Security Enclaves, Cryptographic Accelerators, Dedicated Camera and Image Processors ... to name a few but there are many many more.

As such it will be impossible to run ARM based MacOS on a ARM based PC or laptop as it simply will lack all the Apple exclusive SOC hardware.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
@vincerutabaga,

Highly unlikely, Apple,Silicon is not just an ARM processor but a SOC (System On Chip) that includes additional Apple exclusive hardware sub-components such as GPU's, Neural Engines, Memory controllers, Apples Bionic Engine, Security Enclaves, Cryptographic Accelerators, Dedicated Camera and Image Processors ... to name a few but there are many many more.

As such it will be impossible to run ARM based MacOS on a ARM based PC or laptop as it simply will lack all the Apple exclusive SOC hardware.

Cheers
Jay
Ok thanks, too bad ! Going back to windows in that future then :)

Apple revenue from 2000.png

I'd say some people underestimate Apple. Steve Jobs had said it, there are times when you have to move from not just your past, but shared past. You have to have the vision to see where tremendous talent can take you. Chip development is a rising tide for all levels of use. Apple silicon propels one of the world's leading companies and not the nearly bankrupt one SJ came back to. Apple wants to make computing that brings you in, not leaves you out. The move was made so as to not become stagnant, and I think we'll be glad for it.

The Mac desktop is lacking real graphics cards, real cooling, upgradability, and desktop applications. I have to duel boot windows because gaming on Mac is nonexistent. With the move away from 32 bit I can't even play the Windows ports anymore.

This change is a solution to no one's problem.

I can't think of anyone who owns a MacBook who complains the battery doesn't last long enough, or that the laptop or desktop is too big. Know what they do complain about? Lack of games and real Microsoft Office.

Ok thanks, too bad ! Going back to windows in that future then

@vincerutabaga,

No need to rush ...

Intel based Macs and X86 MacOS are going to be around for many more years.
Apple are just about to release a new Intel based iMac with more planned for the end of the year,
there are also rumours of a possibly refreshed Intel based iMacPro and MacPro for early 2021.

Apple have just released a new GPU for the MacPro and will also add anther when big Navi lands.

Those new machines will be supported for at least five to ten years.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back