Contribute
Register

Apple Previews macOS 11.0 Big Sur - Available Fall 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rely on macOS-exclusive apps and functions too heavily that what I could only do in the future is to buy a Mac with Apple Silicon inside when the latest version of macOS no longer supports Intel Core.

After 2-3 years when they will move completely to Apple’s new silicon cpu and get rid of Intel, bye bye hackintosh, in that time the Mac OS will be locked ca also be named iOS.

There is only one savior for us and that’s the Mac Pro, for power user only.

Apple said they will continue to support "Intel based" Mac Pro for the foreseeable future. I don't think they will design and manufacture a high end ARM cpu for Mac Pro cuz there's little market for it considering the cost can be $10,000 to buy one. ARM cpus for macbook and iMacs make sense... less power and less heat.

Last edited:
I can’t wait to see benchmarks on these new CPUs. Reality is they will be only for mobile use for some time to come. It will be a long time till they can reach the performance of intel desktop CPUs. For mobile computing I welcome the change as it means longer battery life and so on. I have never enjoyed the shortcomings of laptop hacintoshes and have always opted out for a real MacBook Pro for on the go work. The desktop Mac (excluding iMacs) will always need to be at a different level of computer so until they get there then maybe Hackintoshes will die out. Till then let’s keep it rocking!

Last edited:
Reality is they will be only for mobile use for some time to come. It will a long time till they can reach the performance of intel desktop CPUs.

How do you know?
Also, what is your definition of "long time"?

Here on the outside, we have no idea what they've cooked up inside the Apple labs.
I expect to be surprised.

No it isn't - not to the main mass of the Apple user base.

It's completely and totally niche usage at this point.
It may be something we here enjoy, but I don't know a single other person that uses it anymore (across maybe 100 people at 3 offices).

Once Office got really good on macOS, they were done with Boot Camp.

Apple cares about the vast majority of their audience, not us with tiny little niche uses.

Actual power Windows user needs?
Those people either have a dedicated Windows machine or will build one.
Office is an irrelevant corpse from a bygone era. It's not what people partition up discs and spend aeons installing and maintaining Windows on their precious Macbook Pros and twenty-something inch i7 iMacs for. I keep a dedicated MP 5,1 with W7 primarily for Solidworks.

Office is an irrelevant corpse from a bygone era. It's not what people partition up discs and spend aeons installing and maintaining Windows on their precious Macbook Pros and twenty-something inch i7 iMacs for. I keep a dedicated MP 5,1 with W7 primarily for Solidworks.

It's all very subjective.
Also...Office is by no means an "irrelevant corpse"

For Solidworks, aren't you best served by a dedicated Windows build anyways?

There is really no point in arguing about any of this.
Apple is moving on and people will have to adjust (or not) - they don't care about Windows concerns (nor should they)

it was over for me when apple dropped Nvidia support
many people never understood my point for not wanting to move to AMD
I was heavily criticize because I refused to move to AMD

I wrote that there it was no point because even if I switch to AMD
intel was the next one on apple hit list

I wasn't going to change my entire hardware just to be able to run mac OS
after I spent thousands of dollars on expensive computers parts

I had a fully compatible system but from one version to another
no more combability

kind of the same situation we are now

so I was forced to moved to windows as much as I used to like and love mac OS
I don't like being force to buy something that I don't like

many Nvidia users sold their Nvidia cards and move to AMD just to be able to run Mojave with graphic support

but now in a few years it doesn't matter what you do, you won't be able to run mac OS
unless something change drastically

the best you can probably do if your lucky is run the latest version of mac OS from a virtual machine

I rather leave my girlfriend before she leaves me
I rather quit my job before I get fire
why? because I have dignity
so I turned my back at apple before apple turned their back at me

there is really no point anymore, is just a matter of time
like agent smith told neo, is inevitable

some might enjoy whatever years they have left but eventually the ride will end
so why wait, is better to move on now, if I'm going have to move eventually anyway

why drag it down, why enjoy the agony

I really love mac OS but once Tim took over everything went south = sur
I warned everybody about Tim ruining everything but Tim supporters didn't want to listen

I know many will stay until the end and even after that
but eventually your version will become outdated and obsolete and that will be the last drop
you will be able to squeeze

once all your app be converted to the new format then you won't be able to run any of those apps on an older version of mac OS and much less on an intel CPU

there is no doubt that all this was planned

is really sad and depressing because mac OS was an awesome system
but little by little Mr. cook and company destroyed the user experience

sure iPad lovers and iPhone lovers will love the new mac iOS
but the real mac lovers won't

the funny thing is that many will still defend Tim
because they love their executioner

anyway best of luck
peace

I rely on macOS-exclusive apps and functions too heavily that what I could only do in the future is to buy a Mac with Apple Silicon inside when the latest version of macOS no longer supports Intel Core.
this is exactly what mr cook wants
exterminate all hackintosh users
so they buy a real mac

if they like mac os so much then they will have to buy a real mac

this the Nvdia / AMD bs strategy all over again
it did worked with many
but it didn't work with me

i see through the lies of the jedi

Hi all,
You are right ... it does not seem to be a desktop architecture ... :headbang:
Look at this post :

https://top500.org/news/japan-captures-top500-crown-arm-powered-supercomputer/

Cheers

Dude, I get your point. But you sound like a little child that got his toy stolen. And referencing the Jedi Order makes me cringe.

FYI: The Jedi were blinded by arrogance, not liars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back