Contribute
Register

Apple Previews macOS 11.0 Big Sur - Available Fall 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Expect to be surprised.

Apple has shown itself to be somewhat poor in a lot of areas but the silicon team is not one of them.

They have consistently been surprising and exceeding expectations for years now

Related to this…

I hope everybody realizes that the ability to have Boot Camp and running Windows on Mac hardware was simply a happy accident of switching to Intel and never a goal of Apple at all.

They simply don’t care about that support or compatibility and I would expect it to be gone beyond some type of emulation or virtualization or whatever the right word is.
right word is sacrifice
lol

in order for apple to be able to accomplish their goal, which it was to be able to move to arm cpu

they have to sacrified windows or should i say boot camp

it wasn’t no accident , boot camp was created for that, to run windows

but now is either them “apple” or microsoft
so of course they are going to choose them “apple”

they are not going to stop what they want to do in order for them to keep the ability to run windows

so they came with a work around
so they figure
well our costumers can still be able to run windows if they use a virtual machine like parallels

but boot camp was free integrated on mac os, while parallels is a comercial app.

tim voice
i guess that’s the price they will have to pay if they want to run windows

:lol:

Last edited:
Expect to be surprised.

Apple has shown itself to be somewhat poor in a lot of areas but the silicon team is not one of them.

They have consistently been surprising and exceeding expectations for years now
time will tell

:headbang:

sorry but you got it all wrong
you forgot the part where i wrote
if you like it i have no problem or objection

just the same way you like it and i have to respect that, you also have to respect who ever doesn’t like it fir what ever reason

ios should be for iphone not for mac os, mac os was diferent and special because it was a desktop os

i don’t have any issues at all , the fact is that i don’t like the buiness decision that mr cook had taken is my opion if i feel that mr cook is destroying mac os or should i write know that he is destroying the user experience

but don’t take my word for it, just wait for sales numbers

i sold my rtx 2080 ti like a month ago because i’m buying the 3080 or 3080 ti at launch depending on the price, so yes in a way i did moved on

i can buy any cheap 580 for 100 to 200 dollars but i don’t like cheap

i was going to buy the aorus 5700 xt to match my complete aorus system but after this it was a good decision from to me to wait for WWDC

don’t take things personal just because i am dissapointed in apple simply because mr cook is going south “sur”
Suggest you apply to take over from Tim Cook

I think we will be seeing the release of some ARM laptops and even desktops, based on the Apple bandwagon.
That may open the door for hackintoshes again.

Related to this…

I hope everybody realizes that the ability to have Boot Camp and running Windows on Mac hardware was simply a happy accident of switching to Intel and never a goal of Apple at all.

They simply don’t care about that support or compatibility and I would expect it to be gone beyond some type of emulation or virtualization or whatever the right word is.

The latest iPad Pro runs a A12z Apple chip, same chip that was in the MacBook that was used to demonstrate Big Sur. I know other than the chip there are other hardware differences. I't would be interesting to see if OS11 could be hacked onto an iOS device... Windows 10X I think I read has an ARM version? So more speculation on my part, lol.

I do believe you BOTH misunderstand.

It was stated that their entire lineup would transition within the next couple of years. Sorry, but while the pro models will more than likely be the last to move to ARM, they will move indeed.
Yes. And the distinction is that all the Macs won't all use the same ARM processor any more than they all use the same Intel CPU. I'm not a developer so I don't know what ARM processors Apple has in the pipeline but it's more than likely they'll have comparable i3s, i5s, i7s, and probably even i9s for the appropriate "aMac Minis", "aMacs" and "aMac Pros" as well as whatever the next "MacBooks", "MacBook Pros", and "MacBook Airs" will use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back