Contribute
Register

Apple Previews macOS 11.0 Big Sur - Available Fall 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I like most about Big Sur, besides it's natural beauty, is the lack of commercial development along HWY 1. Here's some points from their Local Coastal Plan:
The plan bans all development west of Highway 1 with the exception of the Big Sur Valley. It also restricts any development that can be seen from the highway and key vantage points including beaches, parks, campgrounds, and major trails, with a few exceptions.[1] The plan states the following goals:
To preserve for posterity the incomparable beauty of the Big Sur country, its special cultural and natural resources, its landforms and seascapes and inspirational vistas. To this end, all development must harmonize with and be subordinate to the wild and natural character of the land.

Recognizing the Big Sur coast's outstanding scenic beauty and its great benefit to the people of the State and the Nation, it is the County's objective to preserve these scenic resources in perpetuity and to promote, wherever possible, the restoration of the natural beauty of visually degraded areas.

The county's basic policy is to prohibit all future public or private development visible from Highway 1 and major public viewing areas.

If you haven't seen it in person yet, it should be on your bucket list. Along with Yosemite valley.

tim cook doesn’t know what he is doing

if people are smart , they will not buy another intel mac because that mac will be obsolete soon

they should wait untill apple releases the mac with their silicone cpu, that way that mac will have support for more years compared to the intel based mac

so what this means
apple or should i say mr cook shoot himself on the foot

we can see a decline in apple sales
excellent job mr cook
not only do you destroyed mac os
you also screw your costumers or loyal mac os fans and you also screwed apple company

i think is time for you to go

And apparently you do not think of it from developers' pt of view. Like suddenly announcing immediate availability of ARM Mac would go so well with developers who would have zero time to prepare AND code AND optimize their software.

For some reasons you seem to think replacing the CPU on mac means macOS would suddenly work like iOS. No, it's not the CPU, it's the input methods. Until Mac gets a touchscreen, it will never operate like iOS.

Having A-series CPUs on all Apple hardware appeals to devs A LOT. Without happy devs your Mac hardware is complete landfill. Mac already has so much problem attracting devs to develop software for as it is today and ditching Intel will only help.

I've gone to Linux, mostly Pop OS! or Mint. It may not be as easy to use as macOS but I can run more games on Linux, especially, Windows games easier on it, since Catalina Killed 32 bit support. I'll reconsider hackintoshing again if that becomes possible on ARM-compatible hardware. I'm assuming that ARM-based Macs will be just as expensive as Intel based ones, though I'd love to be proven wrong. It's been at least a decade since I've owned a "real" Mac.

It most certainly is not! It's one of the most beautiful places along the Northern California coast.

indeed it is! Few years back I payed Big Sur a visit! 4AFAEFAB-355D-4492-B388-92141D7DC518.jpeg

I purchased a 2020 MacBook Pro last week. Should I return it? Still have a few days.

I purchased a 2020 MacBook Pro last week. Should I return it? Still have a few days.
That depends on your pocket and on your needs. I personally would return it and wait until ARM hardware is shipping. But that's me, so this might not be an option if you are relying on this piece of hardware.

The reason for Hackintosh's existence, as far as I'm concerned, is the high price of Apple hardware computers. That's why I built this machine. Awhile back I decided to purchase a used MacBook Pro Mid 2012. I upgraded the hard drive to a 500GB SSD and 16 GB of system ram. From what I understand, my 2012 MacBook Pro was the last user upgradable MBP. So now this news. I have invested in expensive Apple software. So what does a poor man living on a fixed income do? A new MacBook Pro with a new Apple processor will be expensive. Likely beyond my budget. I have this PC. I built it to run OS X. Now I don't know what to do. Is there any point in purchasing another used MBP with an Intel processor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back