Contribute
Register

Apple Previews macOS 11.0 Big Sur - Available Fall 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Run macOS on iPad... Hmm

LOL! Relax you all. Remember Apple needs to support each MacBook or Apple computer for at least 7 years, So that means an 2020 MacBook 10 gen Intel will be running up to 2027/2028. I also don't see them in the graphics department. They're are not better then. AMD or Nvidia yet considering that what I see in the keynote. I still don't believe they did some magic to Mac 35w GPU perform as 110W RTX20XX GPU. they need few more years to make that happen. I say two more generations Macs with Intel.. More years of support..

I wondered why Rehabman disappeared, but I guess if you are in the know it comes a time to depart gracefully even OC can't cope with BBrother as we all get glorified phone processors. Soon we will have phone processors running all our Supercomputers... Beam me up Scotty, my communicator has a virus that has no vaccine.

‘macOS 11’ is officially confirmed.

yes it only took the life of mac os 10
the dead of a desktop os and the birth of a mounstrocity

i remember when mac os used to get better every year

but then something happened and it got to the point of instead getting better, it started getting worse

if is not broken don’t fix it

they tried to fix it and they broke it

It will be interesting to see how cheap/expensive the first ARM based Mac will be - Mac Mini?
I think this is the beginning of the end of Intel Hackintoshes. It's possible the future will bring ARM-based Hackintoshes???

the name big sur
is absurd

i remember when craig said
no we are not merging mac os and ios
yeah right
today
we brought control center to the mac

i understand changes and moving foward

but it doesn’t feel like a desktop os anymore

more like the begining of an hybrid

for those who like it i have no objection, if only we will have nvidia support

but that is gone, now it seems like mac os is the next one in the hit list
awesome job mr cook

keep it up and you will end up driving all your mac users away

mr cook you just destroyed mac os
congratulations

And how exactly are they merging macOS and iOS? They are not doing that. Increasing compatibility and changing the skin of the dock can't be called by any means "merging macOS and iOS".

What's your issue with control center? It's a fantastic feature. Should have been on macOS a lot earlier.

"doesn't feel like a desktop os anymore" Oh, I'm not discussing feelings. Feelings are subjective, completely irrational.

"if only we will have nvidia support" Now I get why you are so upset. It's not about Big Sur. The new macOS is fantastic. You are upset just because you can't use your expensive RTX 2080 TI on the latest macOS releases. But you can't make Tim Cook responsible for that, so you just criticize everything else he does. C'mon, move on...

Something no one has talked about yet. Apple Developers have been coding for the ARM version of macOS for years to get to this point in it's development. Why not keep the Intel x86 version going 3, 4 or even 5 more years ? A company with the money and talent that Apple has could certainly do that. The ultra expensive 2019 Mac Pros and as of yet unreleased Intel Macs, can keep working well into the 2020s and don't turn into expensive paper weights two years from now. Pro customers are happy and then eventually buy an ARM based MP once those are availble and the CPUs perform well enough for professional Mac Pro and even iMac Pro use.

Last edited:
For me, this signals an end to Hacking in short order...

I suspect Apple hardware is going to be excellent and it will be very desirable and/or compelling to be on it. I’d been holding up on updates and I’m glad I did.

I plan to swap back to NVIDIA and make my existing hardware a full time Windows gaming machine again, with eyes on MS Flight Sim usage

This is bad news later down the line. I hope they will continue to release intel based macs. When they stop, it will be then that we will know how long our hackintoshes are going to be supported for.
I mean, I don’t think they can match Apple silicone to the power of a xeon processor. Not yet anyway.

interesting to see where this is going and what is the roadmap

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back