Contribute
Register

Apple Previews macOS 11.0 Big Sur - Available Fall 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
About as long as it took to blow off Motorolla PPC chips, in other words, very swiftly maybe 2 years 3 tops. Now is a good time to build a beastly mac.

Farewell hackintosh community. :headbang:

I think it was Craig or Tim that said they continue releasing their scheduled intel Macs, so I’m sure support it will be a lot longer then that. I think we don’t have to worry (For now).

Apple has a 2-year timeline for moving all the Mac line to their custom silicon. However, they aren't going to upset customers who just bought Mac Pros @$10-$20k and will continue support with what they are calling the universal binary. I would say that the Hackintosh has at least a good 10-year run left.

View attachment 477520

Time to go sell my Intel stock.
Apple dared to upset customers who just bought a PowerMac G5.

PowerPC Macs became outdated when Snow Leopard was announced. Only 3 years from the beginning of the transition.
But why would they be coming out with brand new Intel Macs then?

Did they drop support for Ivy Bridge? That would be a shame.
Why do you assume that?
I'm running a Ivy Bridge hackintosh, currently with an iMac 2013 profile. But I kinda do expect to bump that up to 2014 when necessary.

Let me guess touch screen will be used on later Mac OS devices, because the UI design in new Mac OS is more friendly for touching operation.
I doubt it. Maybe additionally.
But using touch on a big vertical display is impractical.

hi
here what I wrote a while back...

Again for their Rosetta2 and what they said I guess they are using the same technology as DIGITAL (DEC) used many years ago to run x86 onto Alpha chip. At the time it could run at near (or) native speed x86 apps. I know I have used them

Apple licensed Rosetta from IBM to allow Intel CPUs to run PowerPC code.

Could Rosetta 2 be an updated version that maybe Apple and IBM created together since IBM is a large Apple customer?

I read a lot of things ... between comments and various news. I really think that the support for hackintosh slowly (unfortunately) will end because of this exchange of processors. But however, it is not fair that owners of Mac Reali (I have iMac 5K) will become obsolete, no longer updatable and is forced to buy a new one. A new era has begun, 11.0, which has brought a great revolution as regards the user interface, really beautiful, but slowly it will bring serious problems, both on the real Hackintosh and Mac side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back