Contribute
Register

Apple Previews macOS 11.0 Big Sur - Available Fall 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
And former Windows Mobile users to Mac.
Apple announced just the things Microsoft was trying to do with Win10 on all platforms but failed. Apple will succeed. No doubt.
no it wasn’t with windows 10
it was with windows 8
that is when the merging started
windows 10 tried to fix windows 8 failure

yes windows basically has 2 diferent version of w10 on the same machine but at least they are separate

desktop mode, tablet mode

also microsoft didn’t lied or denied what they were trying to do
apple did

i don’t know how you can be so sure
because they haven’t even started yet

really hope it back fires, so i can get rid of tim

manymac users are upset because they want a desktop os that feel more like a desktop computer

mr cook is trying to shove that hybrid mac os , ios garbage down people’s throat

remember this words
an ipad can replace a computer

i have news for you mr cook, no it can’t

but if you are happy i don’t want to spoil you happyness

any one who thinks that catalina was bad and buggy, wait for the next one

Apple announced just the things Microsoft was trying to do with Win10 on all platforms but failed. Apple will succeed. No doubt.
"Surely it's just a matter of..." said the marketing executive to me many years ago. Since then I've always regarded it as an indication that the speaker doesn't understand much about what they're talking about.

WIMP is dead; surely it's just a matter of using an entirely different interaction model from our tablet range in this completely different work enviornment?

No doubt they will use the transition to Intel as a model. Depending on how their first model will do, they will either transition slower or faster. Sad, I was looking forward to buying a new iMac, but looks like a won't unless they announce one running ARM.

Thinking about the switch to Intel, PPC was supported in several OS after they launched Intel.
So I think we have a good 6-7 years left before we would be seriously outdated. (after the introduction of Silicon)
Correct me if I'm wrong.
If they are even selling Intel Mac now, they aren't gonna drop support for them in a couple of years.
Rather 10 years on a new machine would sound reasonable actually.

Thinking about the switch to Intel, PPC was supported in several OS after they launched Intel.
So I think we have a good 6-7 years left before we would be seriously outdated. (after the introduction of Silicon)
Correct me if I'm wrong.
If they are even selling Intel Mac now, they aren't gonna drop support for them in a couple of years.
Rather 10 years on a new machine would sound reasonable actually.
PowerPC Macs became outdated when Snow Leopard was announced. Only 3 years from the beginning of the transition.

Wow, did you see the support list for Big Sur? 2013 Mac Book Pros and Airs, 7-year old hardware still supported.

The latest Mac operating system will run on the following devices:

• MacBook (2015 or newer)
  • MacBook Air (2013 or newer)
  • MacBook Pro (Late 2013 or newer)
  • Mac mini (2014 or newer)
  • iMac (2014 or newer)
  • iMac Pro (2017 or newer)
  • Mac Pro (2013 or newer)

So basically, the question most people here have is probably how long will we still be able to run a Hackintosh. A couple more years, until they switch off Intel support, right ? 5 or 7 years maybe ?

Apple has a 2-year timeline for moving all the Mac line to their custom silicon. However, they aren't going to upset customers who just bought Mac Pros @$10-$20k and will continue support with what they are calling the universal binary. I would say that the Hackintosh has at least a good 10-year run left.

Screen Shot 2020-06-22 at 4.10.34 PM.png

Time to go sell my Intel stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back