I9 9900k
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. Mac mini
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
It may be as you say, but I for example use the launchpad for a question of faster visual access to applications and I have never related it to a touch function.
Its convenience is that it provides you with a visual and location reference, which a list cannot give you.
Often the applications have names that are not remembered precisely and instead it is easy to remember the position, once acquired, in a list, even if in alphabetical order you can struggle, if you do not remember the name (it often happens that programs start with the name of the manufacturer, for example).
Then if you create folders eg genre in the lauchpad, the system becomes even more immediate, because you partialize them by theme (eg: video, audio, photography, office etc ..).
I think that more for a touch concept it came to the PC from the world of telephony, precisely because it is superior in approach, regardless. The touch is a further step, but the terms of the reasoning I have done above there is not much difference, in terms of immediacy, to get to the icon, once identified, between mouse and finger.

We'll see if they add this news as well ...:)
My application folder is set to Icons not a list so it is very easy to locate stuff, and for quick access I use the dock Launch Pad is totally redundant to me. The first time I saw Launch pad I thought to myself oh this looks like the iphone guess touch is comming soon then it never did. Honestly I did not know that anyone actually used it I thought it was just a wasted interface.

Motherboard
ASUS Gryphon Z87
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
HD 4600 & RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
This is the question that matters ....:thumbup:
I wish there would be anything I need under Linux available. Maybe it is with workarounds , but some
(most) VST Synthesizer/Effects are not available :/

Motherboard
ASUS Gryphon Z87
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
HD 4600 & RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Definitely the END for the Hackintosh.
That's sounds so dramatic, but it is also the END* of ALL Intel Mac's.
*Once Apple drops support for Intel Mac or make things like T2 mandatory to run macOS

Hopefully Apple offers finally a Mac which suits our needs once they dropped the support for Intel completely.
Other case a lot of people might have no choice to either buy a unwanted Mac or switch to other Platforms.

Luckily (hopefully) this decision is relative far in future.

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z370 HERO X
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
My application folder is set to Icons not a list so it is very easy to locate stuff, and for quick access I use the dock Launch Pad is totally redundant to me. The first time I saw Launch pad I thought to myself oh this looks like the iphone guess touch is comming soon then it never did. Honestly I did not know that anyone actually used it I thought it was just a wasted interface.
I practically only use the lauchpad ...
But mine is a deformation: before knowing what it was, when I was still using only windows and I knew zero about MacOS, I had organized the desktop with all icons customized with themed images and inside each one I had put all the software installed and accessed the programs only with that system, so much so that with the start button I was very awkward.
In practice I had made a sort of launchpad without knowing what it was ...
I was very comfortable and it was much faster than any other method and even those who stood in front of my PC for the first time immediately understood everything they had available and how to access it, without having to go around and lose a lot of time to get used to how it was configured.
When I discovered the lauchpad it was love at first sight, now that you told me I know that I am one of the few who use it, so I hope that Apple does not have the unfortunate idea to take it off ...:problem:

Motherboard
Asus H310
CPU
i5 9400F
Graphics
Ndivia 710
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac mini
  6. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Color Classic
  2. eMac
  3. iBook
  4. iMac
  5. Power Mac
  6. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
Hi there, should UniBeast be available for Big Sur?