i5-9400F
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
It's not easy to get virus on Mac because of its own security layers and you need to give software permission to install in system directories even if software stealthy try to install something else. Windows's security is a joke. Virus programmers knows this and they won't waste their time writing virus for Mac.

Agree - Plus with the new security method of a sealed volume in Big Sur, it's not so easy even for legit unsigned third party apps but as they say, anything man made is breakable.

pastrychef

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Vega 56 (Bios flashed to 64)
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Too many people misuse the term, "virus". Trojans are not viruses. Not all "malware" are viruses.

No anti-virus app can protect users from themselves.

Motherboard
ASUS H110T - Clover
CPU
i5-7500
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Definitely the END for the Hackintosh. The Apple universe has just become the exclusive realm of iOS clones. I have moved away from MacOS to the great PClinuxOS aka pclOS that works on any hardware known to man.
Thank you tonymac86 and this great community! Maybe we meet on the other side building our dream-machines.
See you in Gran Sur or equivalent.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z270M-D3H
CPU
i3-7350K OC 4.5GHz
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I plan to run both Ubuntu and use Apple Silicon Macs in the near future. Hacks stick around for a while, but it's a matter of time before AS is needed for Apple ecosystem development.
I personally love Pop!_Os :mrgreen:

Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z370 HERO X
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
If anyone still had doubts that Big Sur was designed to be able to work in touch, there is to see this ...

I think it is a clear indication that we will soon see, at least some 'books definitely with touch.

I wonder if it was really an impulse from the Hackintosh world to make Apple move (it would be nice, but I think they are already way ahead of that).

Motherboard
ASUS Gryphon Z87
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
HD 4600 & RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
I have moved away from MacOS to the great PClinuxOS aka pclOS that works on any hardware known to man.
And it offers all applications you need ?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5
CPU
I9 9900k
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. Mac mini
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
If anyone still had doubts that Big Sur was designed to be able to work in touch, there is to see this ...

I think it is a clear indication that we will soon see, at least some 'books definitely with touch.

I wonder if it was really an impulse from the Hackintosh world to make Apple move (it would be nice, but I think they are already way ahead of that).
I think LaunchPad was designed to use as a touch screen years ago they just never worked touch screens into Macs.

Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z370 HERO X
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
I think LaunchPad was designed to use as a touch screen years ago they just never worked touch screens into Macs.
It may be as you say, but I for example use the launchpad for a question of faster visual access to applications and I have never related it to a touch function.
Its convenience is that it provides you with a visual and location reference, which a list cannot give you.
Often the applications have names that are not remembered precisely and instead it is easy to remember the position, once acquired, in a list, even if in alphabetical order you can struggle, if you do not remember the name (it often happens that programs start with the name of the manufacturer, for example).
Then if you create folders eg genre in the lauchpad, the system becomes even more immediate, because you partialize them by theme (eg: video, audio, photography, office etc ..).
I think that more for a touch concept it came to the PC from the world of telephony, precisely because it is superior in approach, regardless. The touch is a further step, but the terms of the reasoning I have done above there is not much difference, in terms of immediacy, to get to the icon, once identified, between mouse and finger.

We'll see if they add this news as well ...:)