Contribute
Register

Apple Previews macOS 11.0 Big Sur - Available Fall 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too many people misuse the term, "virus". Trojans are not viruses. Not all "malware" are viruses.

No anti-virus app can protect users from themselves.

Definitely the END for the Hackintosh. The Apple universe has just become the exclusive realm of iOS clones. I have moved away from MacOS to the great PClinuxOS aka pclOS that works on any hardware known to man.
Thank you tonymac86 and this great community! Maybe we meet on the other side building our dream-machines.
See you in Gran Sur or equivalent.

I plan to run both Ubuntu and use Apple Silicon Macs in the near future. Hacks stick around for a while, but it's a matter of time before AS is needed for Apple ecosystem development.
I personally love Pop!_Os :mrgreen:

If anyone still had doubts that Big Sur was designed to be able to work in touch, there is to see this ...

I think it is a clear indication that we will soon see, at least some 'books definitely with touch.

I wonder if it was really an impulse from the Hackintosh world to make Apple move (it would be nice, but I think they are already way ahead of that).

I have moved away from MacOS to the great PClinuxOS aka pclOS that works on any hardware known to man.
And it offers all applications you need ?

If anyone still had doubts that Big Sur was designed to be able to work in touch, there is to see this ...

I think it is a clear indication that we will soon see, at least some 'books definitely with touch.

I wonder if it was really an impulse from the Hackintosh world to make Apple move (it would be nice, but I think they are already way ahead of that).
I think LaunchPad was designed to use as a touch screen years ago they just never worked touch screens into Macs.

I think LaunchPad was designed to use as a touch screen years ago they just never worked touch screens into Macs.
It may be as you say, but I for example use the launchpad for a question of faster visual access to applications and I have never related it to a touch function.
Its convenience is that it provides you with a visual and location reference, which a list cannot give you.
Often the applications have names that are not remembered precisely and instead it is easy to remember the position, once acquired, in a list, even if in alphabetical order you can struggle, if you do not remember the name (it often happens that programs start with the name of the manufacturer, for example).
Then if you create folders eg genre in the lauchpad, the system becomes even more immediate, because you partialize them by theme (eg: video, audio, photography, office etc ..).
I think that more for a touch concept it came to the PC from the world of telephony, precisely because it is superior in approach, regardless. The touch is a further step, but the terms of the reasoning I have done above there is not much difference, in terms of immediacy, to get to the icon, once identified, between mouse and finger.

We'll see if they add this news as well ...:)

It may be as you say, but I for example use the launchpad for a question of faster visual access to applications and I have never related it to a touch function.
Its convenience is that it provides you with a visual and location reference, which a list cannot give you.
Often the applications have names that are not remembered precisely and instead it is easy to remember the position, once acquired, in a list, even if in alphabetical order you can struggle, if you do not remember the name (it often happens that programs start with the name of the manufacturer, for example).
Then if you create folders eg genre in the lauchpad, the system becomes even more immediate, because you partialize them by theme (eg: video, audio, photography, office etc ..).
I think that more for a touch concept it came to the PC from the world of telephony, precisely because it is superior in approach, regardless. The touch is a further step, but the terms of the reasoning I have done above there is not much difference, in terms of immediacy, to get to the icon, once identified, between mouse and finger.

We'll see if they add this news as well ...:)
My application folder is set to Icons not a list so it is very easy to locate stuff, and for quick access I use the dock Launch Pad is totally redundant to me. The first time I saw Launch pad I thought to myself oh this looks like the iphone guess touch is comming soon then it never did. Honestly I did not know that anyone actually used it I thought it was just a wasted interface.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back