Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Screen Shot 2020-06-22 at 2.08.46 PM.png
Today at WWDC Apple previewed the next major revision to its macOS operating system, macOS 11.0 Big Sur. This version of macOS will be the first to support Apple Silicon, or ARM CPUs. macOS Big Sur also features a redesigned look and feel reminiscent of iOS, enhanced core apps, new notifications system, Dashboard-style widgets. A Developer Preview version will be available immediately for registered Apple Developers, with a Public Beta expected in July.
Screen Shot 2020-06-22 at 2.11.42 PM.png
The developer preview of macOS Big Sur is now available to Mac Developer Program members. To help make macOS even better, Apple is also providing a macOS Public Beta Program, which gives customers early access to macOS Big Sur and invites them to try out the release and submit their feedback. Mac users can participate in the Apple Beta Software Program for macOS Big Sur this July and download the final version for free from the Mac App Store this fall.
Screen Shot 2020-06-22 at 2.11.08 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-06-22 at 2.11.27 PM.png
In order to download and test out macOS Big Sur, you must be a registered and paid member of the Apple Developer Program. Please note, our rules prohibit discussion of the Developer Beta, but will allow discussion of the Public Beta when it is available.
  • This site allows discussion of pre-release software (such as macOS Public Beta software builds) from the free Apple Beta Software Program. This site does NOT support pre-release Apple Developer Program Beta software, and does NOT allow the discussion of installation or use of Apple Developer Program Beta software. Repeated violations of this rule will result in a permanent ban. No Apple Developer Program Builds, Apple Beta Software Program builds only.
Apple Developer Program
https://developer.apple.com/devcenter/mac/index.action

Apple Beta Software Program
https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/welcome

Related:
Name the Next macOS (10.16)
Apple Announces "3rd Transition" for macOS: From Intel CPUs to Apple Silicon

Last edited:
That serial number...

So basically, the question most people here have is probably how long will we still be able to run a Hackintosh. A couple more years, until they switch off Intel support, right ? 5 or 7 years maybe ?

the name big sur
is absurd

i remember when craig said
no we are not merging mac os and ios
yeah right
today
we brought control center to the mac

i understand changes and moving foward

but it doesn’t feel like a desktop os anymore

more like the begining of an hybrid

for those who like it i have no objection, if only we will have nvidia support

but that is gone, now it seems like mac os is the next one in the hit list
awesome job mr cook

keep it up and you will end up driving all your mac users away

mr cook you just destroyed mac os
congratulations

Intel based mac PC will continue to be released in 2 years but in 10 years or in the future we won't be able to build any hackintosh!
I hope Apple will release any cheaper desktop PC with a middle-range price, which is larger than mac-mini and users can select its composition.

So basically, the question most people here have is probably how long will we still be able to run a Hackintosh. A couple more years, until they switch off Intel support, right ? 5 or 7 years maybe ?
If you are not chasing the latest version, the answer will be forever until your Hackintosh dies.

Here's the preview page on the Apple website, it doesn't seem to be linked publicly anywhere yet. It drops support for all remaining 2012 Macs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back